Discuss Test certificate for new installation of SWA in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

D

Diode

I recently installed a length of SWA. When testing and certifying, do I simply use a domestic electrical installation certificate and test at the start of the cable (at main CU) with the sub CU isolator off? Would I need to do each circuit on the sub CU also, or just one set of tests for the actual cable?

Funnily enough I've done the same job today and I'm inclined to use a MWC to confirm the tests. Its only the "distribution" cable you've replaced so why go further?

Others may disagree, but an EIC for something so "straightforward" would be OTT.

You did replace the cable didn't you?

If you have replaced an existing cable because it was damaged etc, then a Minor Works is the right form to use. If you have installed the SWA as a new circuit, a distribution circuit, feeding the sub-board, then you need to complete an EIC for that circuit. Also if you have installed the new sub-board, you will need to complete a separate EIC for that board. Sorry, but your post did not give the full detail so that is the full story, choose whichever scenario applied. Regards,

Reply to Test certificate for new installation of SWA in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Insulation test live to earth = 0.7 ohms. This is a long length of buried swa cable (approx 100m) from mains in to submain. Test done with live...
Replies
Views
Hi fellow sparks, I've just started out on my own so I'm spending a lot of my time trying to find out the correct way of doing things of...
Replies
Views
I'm practising EICRs on friendly locations as I'm still in training - technically done my 2391-52 but frankly need loads more practise. I've just...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm installing a Hoover oven and would like a little help please. The oven code is HOC3158IN. The oven manual states "The power cable must...
Replies
Views
Seeking advice, we have been replacing extractor fans for a local council and was originally told no ‘like for like’ replacement works needs a...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock