Discuss Test equipment calibration certificate? in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

E

essexboy

hiya all , can anybody tell how long the certificate of calibration for my megger 1552 lasts for and will the assesor ask to see it at my 1st re -assesement for compertant person scheme

if it is a requirment where do i get it calabrated?

thanks for any replys:)

i think most manufacturers recomend calibration every twelve months,i have never been asked for calibration cert by assesor but he will want to see your system and records of meter accuracy checks,i.e checkbox ,if system not in place it is a non compliance.you can get it calibrated at most electrical wholesalers.

test equiptment should be calibrated every 12 months but if records are kept of results on a monthly basis you can extend it for 3 years this is my second year with niceic and they told me next inspection they need a calibration cert hope this helps!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Capital calibration in romford is really good for all that type of thing. always take mine there andthey really look after you

Yep what Sparky says is the same as my last niceic assessor said about calibration. Also, just while we're on the subject, he also confirmed that applied voltage testers with digital/analogue displays don't need to be calibrated.

Hi

The calibration certs last for 1 Year. I found that Kewtech great for calibration they calibrate any make of tester and offer quick turnaround and good price try Kewtech Corporation | Home for phone number there real friendly company to work with

Ben

was that for a multi function tester ?

the 1552 is a multi so sometimes they want more

i have been told £80 and up

for my 1552 from places, i will try that firm

On my annual visits the NICEIC inspector just seem to be concerned with the regular checkbox records (I use 2 types). If the records are consistent then the need for calibration isn't so obvious. For peace of mind I guess once every 3-4 years would be about right.

My CEF branch doesn't do calibration days in spite of me keep asking.

test equiptment should be calibrated every 12 months but if records are kept of results on a monthly basis you can extend it for 3 years this is my second year with niceic and they told me next inspection they need a calibration cert hope this helps!!

I was also told this on mine !:)
Regards
Kung.

Reply to Test equipment calibration certificate? in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock