Discuss Test failed due to missing RCD in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

presumably because above ceilings and below floors, the cables have been installed deep enough to not be subject to nail or screw penetration.
Have the same options as for cables concealed in walls, except for RCD protection.
Depth greater than 50mm, cable with earthed screen, earthed trunking or conduit and mechanical protection.

You are more likely to nail a cable in the wall through hanging objects on said walls, than damaging cables which should be installed deep enough through and above the ceiling

You are more likely to nail a cable in the wall through hanging objects on said walls, than damaging cables which should be installed deep enough through and above the ceiling
Of course, no one has ever just notched the top of a joist to run cables, or used an existing notch for pipework.
All joists and battens are greater than 100mm, no one’s ever laid a wooden floor on a concrete slab, or fixed new plasterboard over existing lath and plaster using 1” battens.

Of course, no one has ever just notched the top of a joist to run cables, or used an existing notch for pipework.
All joists and battens are greater than 100mm, no one’s ever laid a wooden floor on a concrete slab, or fixed new plasterboard over existing lath and plaster using 1” battens.
One site I was involved with back in the 70s the flats had a concrete slab, with roofing battonslaid, not fixed then normal floor boards fitted normally, wiring laid in the voids between the battons, I didn't stay long on that site, decided that sort of botch was not for me.

Reply to Test failed due to missing RCD in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi all, Been a while since I have been on here. I have been on an apprenticeship the last 3 years training in the BMS world. Taking that into...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Just done an EICR and all tested fine, until I got to the RCD's. It's a dual RCD board, not sure if it's TNCS or TNS as it's a top floor...
Replies
Views
Hi all. I have a small question about inspection interval labels. We all know to fit one of these labels with the relevant date upon completion of...
Replies
Views
Doing a kitchen job for my daughter’s music teacher, who also happens to have been in my wife’s class at school. Nothing big… just a little...
Replies
Views
Hello. Non-electrician here. Failed an EICR yesterday as the electrician graded my consumer unit C2. Why C2 and not C3? He didn't say (and still...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock