Discuss test results question in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Morning guys, sorry if this is been answered before but I'm fuming (again).
I have again had my eicr questioned by our qs. This time in particular my test results. Basically every result I measure with my tester unless there is some reason I can't, obviously note it all on the schedule of test results.

No he is telling me that because when he calculates my results they are over the nic guidelines of 0.4 ohms either way,and he has amended the results so that they calculate rather than what I measured.

Of course if something looks way out of line I will check by calculating, but I was always taught that actual readings should be noted and not calculated unless there is a reason why you couldn't get a live result.

I have been testing for about 5 years and never had any issues before and now and this guy seems to have swallowed the nic book and forgotten real life

Thanks

Ask the QS since when did the NICEIC write the regs?

There are no guidelines in regards to this in GN3. Tell the QS you will report him to the NICEIC for giving out fraudulsnt reports if he keeps tampering with the info you give him.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not sure what this has to do with the Nic, if tested write down the test results, if calculated write down the calculated results.

Nothing to do with the Nic, but if asked then I'm sure they would say the same.

This is a genuine question. Who's name goes on the report? I would not stand for anyone altering my report in any event , but especially to make it comply.
As Dillb has alluded to this is fraud.

Put a note on the report about the changes and take it back to the QS and get him to put his signature next to the results he has changed.
That's you covered. Job done.

Tell him that if he doesn't stop it then you will not be signing anymore test sheets as if something goes wrong and a court case is the outcome it will be your ar$e on the line not his

There are no guidelines in regards to this in GN3. Tell the QS you will report him to the NICEIC for giving out fraudulsnt reports if he keeps tampering with the info you give him.

With all the BS that they come out with people think they do write them

Beat me to it Dillb, to many people think these scams are the B all and end all

Can you tell us your results so we can see what he is correcting please?

Reason I ask is things like ring mains results can sometimes not work out correct because of radial spurs etc

He has taken the cert I wrote out and rewrote it so I can't even put the results up, he can't explain all this to me, just says that that's what the nic want to see, but as he put the element of doubt in my head wanted to consult you guys first, I have told him I'm not doing any more if this is the way he wants it doing. His answer was that if the readings I get don't match what the calculated values are I should go to every socket and check the terminals for tightness and test both sides of the socket until I get the readings to what they "should" be, doesn't seem to want to listen to my experience only what the nic have told him

What the NIC want to see and what complies with GN3 and the BGB are two complety different things. Take him a copy of both and tell him to show you where in either of those 2 books it says this.

There is no point in you testing anything if he want perfect results ( Me i always suspect the sparky has calculated rather then tested if they come out perfect ) I bet it something like the ring main taken Zs from measured Zs not matching.

But end of day when testing I always do quick checks to see if the results are working out correctly if not try and find out why might be as simple as a radial socket ( this is not part of the ring as far as results go I maintain its a sub circuit off the ring and show it as such)

I have never once seen a calculated value match a measured one! Yes it should be in the ball park, but there are just too many variables at the time of testing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Beat me to it Dillb, to many people think these scams are the B all and end all
[h=2]
icon1.png
Re: Things that make your blood boil...[/h]
Bad Grammar / spelling / / text talk / punctuation. there meaning their's, no meaning I know how to do it, in general the very poor standard of basic English coming out of schools these days, I'm old school so that's my excuse.​

• Sorry Pete, couldn't resist!:)

icon1.png
Re: Things that make your blood boil...

Bad Grammar / spelling / / text talk / punctuation. there meaning their's, no meaning I know how to do it, in general the very poor standard of basic English coming out of schools these days, I'm old school so that's my excuse.​

• Sorry Pete, couldn't resist!:)

Know wurries m8 I is gettin old, it's only one O, and I did it on purpose to see who was awake, and if you believe that you will believe anything.

Last edited:
I would tend to put in the remarks on the test results sheet, "all recorded values are directly measured values".
The only calculation I can think that he could do is using Zs= Ze+ R1+R2 and this will never match the measured Zs as they are different measurements.
However if he wants this as a calculation then Zs=Ze+R1+R2 is the worst case scenario so you could just not record the measured Zs.
I cannot remember what NICEIC fabricated for their forms or what they specify in terms of results.

Reply to test results question in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net