Discuss Tester Calibration - Essex in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Hi, I have no connection with this company other than they have tested my Fluke. Sent to them by courier and returned within 3 days. I hope it helps. Im sure there are many other similar companies out there.

Mike Olding
On Site Calibration Services
3 Dennis Brown Court
Saxilby
Lincoln LN1 2QZ
T: 01523 703002 M: 07776 200146
E: [email protected]
W: WWW.onsitecalibrations.co.uk

what was the cost, and postage costs?

Hi, I have no connection with this company other than they have tested my Fluke. Sent to them by courier and returned within 3 days. I hope it helps. Im sure there are many other similar companies out there.

Mike Olding
On Site Calibration Services
3 Dennis Brown Court
Saxilby
Lincoln LN1 2QZ
T: 01523 703002 M: 07776 200146
E: [email protected]
W: WWW.onsitecalibrations.co.uk
Call Mike and he will let you know when he is in the area, and he will do it on site(as in the name) so you dont lose the tester for more than 45 minutes, good price and excellent service.

Hi Robert
Had mine done by Capital Calibration at Harold Wood they are on the London bound side of the A12 opposite the Esso garage beyond the Brook Street / M25 junction
Charge about £90 but will do while you wait

ok, thanks i'm quite for from lincoln though, handy if he is around here. I just bought a second hand tester as thieving scum broke into my van and stole mine (aswell as anything else expensive!) its just run out of calibration so need it done soon really.

I'll ask my whole salers aswell. thanks. is £35ish the going rate?

ok, thanks i'm quite for from lincoln though, handy if he is around here. I just bought a second hand tester as thieving scum broke into my van and stole mine (aswell as anything else expensive!) its just run out of calibration so need it done soon really.

I'll ask my whole salers aswell. thanks. is £35ish the going rate?

Mike is based in Lincoln but as his company name implies "On site calibration" he travels all over and does the job at your adress

Mike is based in Lincoln but as his company name implies "On site calibration" he travels all over and does the job at your adress

And i thought that all official certified calibrations of designated test equipment, should be carried out in a controlled environment, (usually i believe at a temperature of 25c)!! Or is this something else that's gone out the window??

There callibration shop in Harold Hillon the A12 South bound. They can do it the same day or while you wait for about £90.00

And i thought that all official certified calibrations of designated test equipment, should be carried out in a controlled environment, (usually i believe at a temperature of 25c)!! Or is this something else that's gone out the window??

why 25deg.? very rare they'll be used at that temperature. in this country anyway. 15 - 20deg. is the most you'll find in a house or factory.

why 25deg.? very rare they'll be used at that temperature. in this country anyway. 15 - 20deg. is the most you'll find in a house or factory.

It could well be 20c, just that 25c rang a bell to me!! lol!!
But the fact remains typical calibration testing was always carried out in a controlled environment. Which formed part of the declaration on the test certificate issued...

20C for UKAS calibration & an uncertainty factor of k=2

It is normal to allow the instrument to stabilise for 12 hours before calibration in a UKAS lab

How many electricians use a UKAS lab?

20C for UKAS calibration & an uncertainty factor of k=2

It is normal to allow the instrument to stabilise for 12 hours before calibration in a UKAS lab

How many electricians use a UKAS lab?

Mores the point, ...How many electricians have correctly carried out calibrations to they're test equipment??

Can someone here, post a copy of a calibration certificate issued against a MFT or single unit tester, from one of these third party companies. I would be interested to see on what basis your equipment is tested against??

Reply to Tester Calibration - Essex in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net