Electrical2Go - Online Electrical Supplier
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members
Advertisement - Content continues below

Discuss testing a ignitor in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

L

lee mcgregor

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

lads is there anyways you can test a ignitor in a light to see if working correctly with multimeter like a ohms reading or anything like that.???? apart from the obvious like if the lights working its ok haha. just for my own knowledge thats all . thanks

W

wattsup

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Ignitor testing, thats a new one on me, I don't understand the question? Why would you need to test? At a guess the lighting filiment fcked, ha ha ha ?

D

desertbootz

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Would've thought it all depends on the type, manufacturer, etc. as they use different methods of operation. If I recall they are mostly capacitors and volt-sense switches (although the carlos fandango versions can have IC's to make them 'smart') and often encapsulated so unless you know what's in there it's a bit tricky to see what or how you might test them... now watch me get shot down by a proper sparky :O)

uHeat Banner - Forum Discount Available

Reply to testing a ignitor in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

CK Tools :) The professionals choice when it comes to Electrical Tools
Top Bottom