Discuss Testing an off-peak board in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
How would I be best to go about putting a temporary supply to an off peak board for testing for accurate Zs readings? There is a board adjacent with a permanent supply.

Do it when the board is live like six in the morning or as you say liven it up from the other board.

If you have measured the R1+R2 of each circuit and measured the continuity of the supply tails and earth (generally zero on our meters) and know the Ze from the permanent supply then you have a calculation for Zs for each circuit.
There is no requirement to actually measure a live Zs reading, though it is often done as a confirmation and to provide a real world value and in some cases is considered an essential measurement, but it is only one of the methods specified.

The measurement by calculation is the worst case scenario.

It would certainly not be a limitation as a new installation cannot have any limitations.

If you want to connect to the permanent supply then run interconnecting cables suitable for the load from the load side of the off main switch on the permanent supply to the load side of the main switch on the off peak supply. Then switch on the permanent supply main switch. This should be done with all due care and prevention of exposure to risk. This will also give a slightly different (very small) because of the different cable run.

Reply to Testing an off-peak board in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I’m just finishing my L2 2365 at college in the evenings and plan to do the L3 2365 with the same college as an evening course. However I would...
Replies
Views
Hi, need some advice, I moved over from Sse in 2020 to Octpus energy. Whilst I was with SSE I was on E10 when I went over to octopus they put me...
Replies
Views
I am asking on behalf of a friend who has an outbuilding that he uses as an art studio, the building is fully insulated and is currently heated by...
Replies
Views
I've a 3 phase storage heater currently wired to the main fuse box in an office I have. The heater has 2 supplies/isolators, 1 for charging at...
Replies
Views
Been round to a house to quote to replace some storage heaters for new panel heaters and came across a strange (to me at least) way of wiring the...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock