Discuss Testing and inspection course in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Bart93

-
Reaction score
Hi lads. I’m currently doing my apprenticeship with JTL, second year. So far I’m doing much better that I was expected from myself when started the course.
I need a bit of an advice regarding my future and qualifications. If I feel capable of doing it, would it be a good idea to get testing and inspection (and possibly level 4 in design and verification) while I’m still an apprentice ? Or do you think it will be too much to learn for an apprentice and I should wait to get am2 sorted?
Any adivices ? What order should I pick and which way would be an ideal to get it sorted ?

Thank you

You should have experience in testing and inspecting before taking the course. To do the level 4 in design you will need your level 3 for your apprenticeship

Make sure you nail the full NVQ3 apprenticeship first then as the above poster states, 2391 testing and inspection, then with a couple of years hands on come back to the design side of things. Having said that some students I have taught in the past were quite capable of going straight onto level 4 and beyond as they were more office orientated . Its up to you to make decision for yourself.

The 2396 is all theory based but it would be brilliant if you got that under your belt so early, it would set you apart a bit for sure!! Its in two parts, a 3hr written exam and also a project you do at home. There is no reason you can't do it of you want it. Do 2391 first and have T&I done to death..... and then do the 2396. Good luck with it!!

Thanks for your opinions gents. I'll keep on teaching myself at the moment in between the college blocks, bought a few books and found some helpful videos (if you have any good resources - it will be appreciated). I'll try to make myself ready for them both, and then see when is the best time to do it.
I am aware that experience on site is essential, however these courses (as some of you mentioned above, but correct me if I'm wrong) are mostly based on theory, calculations, knowing the regs etc. I'm enjoying learning all this stuff, after work, late nights, so hopefully I'll be able to do them shortly after or even before the AM2.

Reply to Testing and inspection course in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock