Discuss testing certs in word format in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

J

jools p

Does anyone know where I can download certs in word format. I can get them in PDF but I've tried all sorts of ways to convert them to DOC but the formatting all goes pants.

I want them in word so I can edit and add stuff like my company logo etc.

Hi e-bay have a couple of sellers with discs for sale of certs in word and open office! Norm around £15 quid! Ceck for speling mastakes on certs though! :D

Hi Jools P,

I bought a package off of eBay and gave up with it in the end too. As Sixfingers says, the one I got was full of spelling mistakes and used Open Office. (Open Office a MS Office wannabe given away free by Sun Microsystems - it's not a bad package in itself and will save- almost - everything to MS Word format, but you are left with a few things that mean you have to go into the newly created Word document and reformat) Like I said I gave up with it in the end.

What I do now is use a pdf version I get free from ELECSA who also kindly add a cert number and my Part P ref, and using Adobe Acrobat (not Reader) I write in the details as needed. I can also blank out the ELCESA logo. To add my logo I have created my own letter head with logo, address etc and have printed up a stack of them on my colour laser printer. I then print the EIC on my letter head and hey presto the EIC looks nice and professionally produced. I also use the same method for MW certs.

It's still a bit of a fiddle and if I was doing lots of Certs every week I would invest in a proper package.

Cheers

Will

Thanks for that Willruk.

I will try it your way. I've got acrobat but I'm not very familiar with it.
I also sent of for a cheap disk off ebay (£3) so I will see what thats like.
I'm also with elecsa but I dont like their forms much Every thing is too congested.

Reply to testing certs in word format in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock