Discuss Testing Ex display in the Electrical Testing & PAT Testing Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

You should be testing these lights without the bulb in place, as a Class II appliance. On most testers you can override the load check and continue on through the test sequence.

As per Lister's post #6
In the video you see an animated switch symbol to the left of the probe symbol at the bottom.
The manual says that switch only appears as a warning message:
"General Warning - Appliance open circuit or not switched on"
It seems the Megger is expecting to see a load, presumably in the automated Class ll setting I guess you are using.

If I were you I'd obtain from somewhere a filament bulb that fits the display lights you are testing, and see if that is a simple fix! Incandescent bulbs are not 'banned'. Shops with stock can still sell them, but now shops are not supposed to be buying in any more.

Reply to Testing Ex display in the Electrical Testing & PAT Testing Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hello, I am currently learning and have come across PAT testing an old chandelier. On modern lamps I would use the plug and probe on the...
Replies
Views
Evening. Got my hands on a pair of choke ballasts to run fluorescent tubes a few days ago and I want to see if they're in good condition. If...
Replies
Views
I got a TEXT message (i dont know them and i cant find out who they are from the phone number) "Hi speaking from Indeed Are you available to give...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Im new to the forum and wanted to check something and maybe get some advice confirmation. Ive got halogen wall lights which use a...
Replies
Views
Hey folks, i work for a relatively small company, but we are doing some big jobs. And right our headache is taking over outdoor lighting...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock