Discuss testing for a minor major work in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

S

scampy

My 1st question so please be kind! If this has been asked allready, sory but i've tried searching and didn't find anything.

Changing lights in a bathroom, Major work due to location, would be minor most other rooms, hopefully i'm right so far.

As this requires notification how much testing is required, the bathroom lights are connected to the upstairs lights so do i need to do the full electrical installation certificate set of tests on this circuit. includeing Ze and finding the highest restistance light and doing Zs or do i limit testing to as far as the last light in the bathroom?

Replacing lights was the wrong word sorry. i'm going from ceiling rose to IP rated 230V downlighters. i considered this to be a major work as it is a change.

So you are extending a circuit in a special location, it's notifiable then.
Do a MWC so thats
continuity (R1+R2)
polarity
insulation test
Zs
for that lighting circuit only.

cheers easyfox, thought that would be the case. I have to measure the continuity at the furthest point of the whole circuit, so a few lights to remove until i find it then.

ta

What on earth is minor major work? Dont know if I carry any certs for that!

it`s just how i get my head around the notifications. it's minor work but because of special location it becomes major. Hence minor major, probibly should call it major minor. it's all symantics.

Is changing a pendant to a downlighter in a kitchen regarded as notifiable or just replacing like for like with no extending of the circuit?

Reply to testing for a minor major work in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock