Discuss Testing for landlords in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

You do not have to be a member of any scheme to carry out periodic Inspection & testing.

However you need to be competant in carrying out the work so experiance and a good knowledge of the regulations is required.

Is it yourself who wishes to perform this role or just a general enquiry!

There are lots of posts re this have a look on the Testing and Inspecton site!

as has been said here already....you don`t need `permission` from a scam to carry out EICRs...this is something that seems to persist and the scams fan the flames....then present themselves as the solution by offering `periodic inspection courses` and `upgrades`...its all a load of twaddle......
The NIC will not allow a DI to use their headed forms to carry out EICRs unless your AP graded.....but that doesn`t mean you can`t carry out EICRs using your own headed forms....that is to say forms with your own company name+logo on em....but as above....a good knowledge of the regs and compentency is required here....

as has been said here already....you don`t need `permission` from a scam to carry out EICRs...this is something that seems to persist and the scams fan the flames....then present themselves as the solution by offering `periodic inspection courses` and `upgrades`...its all a load of twaddle......
The NIC will not allow a DI to use their headed forms to carry out EICRs unless your AP graded.....but that doesn`t mean you can`t carry out EICRs using your own headed forms....that is to say forms with your own company name+logo on em....but as above....a good knowledge of the regs and compentency is required here....
Think your missing the point, your correct in what you say but he would then be in breach of nic regulations.

what regulations? if he's competent to carry out PIRs (EICRs) then there's nothing to stop him unless the client ordering the inspection/s stipulates niceic or whatever.

what regulations? if he's competent to carry out PIRs (EICRs) then there's nothing to stop him unless the client ordering the inspection/s stipulates niceic or whatever.

Sorry meant to say rules. Its part of being in the nic that you do not break them or you run the risk of being removed from the role.
Thats not to say someone is not capable its just that when you join you have to delare what type of work you carry out so you can be assessed correctly, doing them without telling them is then in breach of their rules.

I do PIR's and will not pay my scheme provider to do them it cost me enough in fees getting my 2391 etc so I don't see why I should pay extra IMO!
and was it a requirement Tony of your scam provider to have the 2391?....napit perhaps?...well for a start the ONLY reason that napit start asking for the 2391...is because they offer their own `2391`....the level 2 version that is....not worth a dot outside of napit....

Sorry meant to say rules. Its part of being in the nic that you do not break them or you run the risk of being removed from the role.
Thats not to say someone is not capable its just that when you join you have to delare what type of work you carry out so you can be assessed correctly, doing them without telling them is then in breach of their rules.
but if you dont use their own letterheaded forms....then its got nowt to do with them.....all you do when carrying out EICRs is use your own letterheaded forms that dont have any reference to NIC.....its all about selling the `brand` and marketing.....in other words ching....

but if you dont use their own letterheaded forms....then its got nowt to do with them.....all you do when carrying out EICRs is use your own letterheaded forms that dont have any reference to NIC.....its all about selling the `brand` and marketing.....in other words ching....
But that would involve not turning up displaying the logo on the vehicle, clothing, cards or invoice.
I don't see a problem declaring it and paying to be an AC, we all moan about Electrical Trainee taking our work but when you try to prove your better than them by having someone look at every cert you write and monitor what comments you give out people start burning their bra's.

the agreement to carry out the inspection is between the spark and customer.
its just the spark wont have the legal / technical / insurance backing of the NIC whilst doing the work.
no membership rules are being broken so long as you dont use their paperwork.

No I am with Elecsa not Napit but I diid see the scam re the 2391 that they offered which was a open book exam!

It was a NA2391 if I recall!
thats the one Tony....i think it was on a par with the 2392..or something like that....and that was behind napit`s insistance on the 2391....well their offering anyway..lol...

But that would involve not turning up displaying the logo on the vehicle, clothing, cards or invoice.
I don't see a problem declaring it and paying to be an AC, we all moan about Electrical Trainee taking our work but when you try to prove your better than them by having someone look at every cert you write and monitor what comments you give out people start burning their bra's.
well if the NIC employed `electrical wardens`...to leap from out of a bush everytime you turn up in your NIC logo`d van.....
no, as biff has pointed out...its the agreement you have with the client that counts here....and that would include any forms signed and handed over......it doesn`t include the NIC....

thats the one Tony....i think it was on a par with the 2392..or something like that....and that was behind napit`s insistance on the 2391....well their offering anyway..lol...

on the quiet , i'm glad the 2391 has ended
at least the achievement and value of gaining that qualification by those who have it is preserved and cant be spoilt by further inferior versions.

Reply to Testing for landlords in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net