Aico Carbon Monoxide Detectors
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss Testing for the LABC in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Need to pick your brains.
Does anyone do any testing for the Local Building Control, when non-registered sparks need a Certificate?
I'm guessing the Building Control 'sub' it out and don't do it themselves.
If so is it worth it and how do you go about getting on their list?
Any advice greatly appreciated.

Electrical2Go - Online Electrical Supplier
S

Spudnik

As long as you are registered and have all the right insurances etc in place then i would suggest maybe contacting them direct.

G

Guest123

Hey.

Got to be honest mate it aint worth the hassle. My LABC are a total nightmare they employ **** sparkies who havn't got a scooby to carry out the installs because it's cheaper then used to get us in to test. When I said I would only do a periodic as 1. I did not do the work, and 2. I didn't trust them as far as I could throw them they didn't want to know.

So I ****** them off.

Now we do the installs aswell.

So in essence unless you can get installation work then you're better off out of it.

S

Spudnik

Hey.

Got to be honest mate it aint worth the hassle. My LABC are a total nightmare they employ **** sparkies who havn't got a scooby to carry out the installs because it's cheaper then used to get us in to test. When I said I would only do a periodic as 1. I did not do the work, and 2. I didn't trust them as far as I could throw them they didn't want to know.

So I ****** them off.

Now we do the installs aswell.

So in essence unless you can get installation work then you're better off out of it.

Easy now.

G

Guest123

Sorry mate, but my LABC really push my buttons:eek:

Again, apologies.

Aico 3000 Range

Reply to Testing for the LABC in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Top Bottom