Discuss Testing for the LABC in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Archie

-
Reaction score
Need to pick your brains.
Does anyone do any testing for the Local Building Control, when non-registered sparks need a Certificate?
I'm guessing the Building Control 'sub' it out and don't do it themselves.
If so is it worth it and how do you go about getting on their list?
Any advice greatly appreciated.

As long as you are registered and have all the right insurances etc in place then i would suggest maybe contacting them direct.

Hey.

Got to be honest mate it aint worth the hassle. My LABC are a total nightmare they employ **** sparkies who havn't got a scooby to carry out the installs because it's cheaper then used to get us in to test. When I said I would only do a periodic as 1. I did not do the work, and 2. I didn't trust them as far as I could throw them they didn't want to know.

So I ****** them off.

Now we do the installs aswell.

So in essence unless you can get installation work then you're better off out of it.

Hey.

Got to be honest mate it aint worth the hassle. My LABC are a total nightmare they employ **** sparkies who havn't got a scooby to carry out the installs because it's cheaper then used to get us in to test. When I said I would only do a periodic as 1. I did not do the work, and 2. I didn't trust them as far as I could throw them they didn't want to know.

So I ****** them off.

Now we do the installs aswell.

So in essence unless you can get installation work then you're better off out of it.

Easy now.

Reply to Testing for the LABC in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock