Discuss Testing gear in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

I use a Fluke 1652 and have no issues with it apart from the leads. I just upgraded them to new robin leads and all seems well

Is there a nice neat test kit package on the market for doing all the required tests on a domestic installation, to meet part P

Don't be fooled by companies promoting Part P test kit, it is just another marketing gimmick. Part P is not a qualification only compliance with the Building Regulations for electrical safety and therefore the tests you will be required to complete will be those listed in Guidance note 3 for inspection and testing or the 17th Edition Regs, or the on-site guide etc.

All the main brands of testing equipment will have testing equipment for you to to run your tests on a domestic installation.

Favorites tend to be Fluke, Megger, Kewtech, Metrel etc, but do yourself a favor and shop around for a better price as the competition is high across both brand and distributors.

It really is your choice of how you want to work i.e. some people prefer seperate testing equipment units and some will prefer a multitester capable of completing all the tests on one unit.

Some people like to use PDA's with their kit via bluetooth, obviously the more gadgets the more money.

I personally use a Megger MFT1552 mulitester and I am very happy with it.

Your call - good luck!

Here is one site online which will give you an idea of the different brands available (might not be the cheapest) but check with different distributors for any deals at the time which they do have every now and then.

Test4Less : Electrical and Gas Testing Equipment - Home Page

Warren

Reply to Testing gear in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hello all, I hope you're all keeping well. I have a question regarding insulation resistance testing. Whether doing a single circuit IR test or...
Replies
Views
Morning all, We are looking at qualification requirements for inspection and testing to BS EN 60204, all of our work is past the main isolator of...
Replies
Views
In my line of work it's very rare that I ever have to change a DB. I'm largely in maintenance; occasionally have to add new circuits etc. so in...
Replies
Views
Hi guys and gals, I have a question about the leads to computers (commonly known as kettle leads). I am new to PAT testing so please bear with...
Replies
Views
Hi All New to this forum, have read the posts on here from google but only recently signed up. I'm having some issues and some input would be...
Replies
Views

Electricians Tools | Electrical Tools and Products

Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net, we hope you find the Electricians Tools you're looking for. It's free to sign up to and post a question yourself to find a tool or tool supplier either local to you, or online. Our community of electricians and electrical engineers will do their best to find the best tool supplier for you.

We also have a Tiling Tools advice from the worlds largest Tiling community. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock