Discuss Testing Help in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

N

nicsin02

Hi guys starting a new job testing commercial properties, i have passed my 2391 a few years ago and im just looking to refresh myself<

1: when doing an IR test on circuits protected by rcbo's to i have to disconnect both neutral and earth flying leads?
2: what are the flying leads on rcbo's actually for
3: when carrying out a Z's on a socket ring does everything have to be unplugged from sockets
4: same as number 3: for continuity tests

Many Thanks

1, Yes disconnect everything, but the cpc's must remain connected to the main earthing terminal whilst the circuit is under test.
2, The cream one is a functional earth, it wont work without it connected, the neutral is to enable connection to the neutral bar.
3, No
4, No, but i would disconnect to ensure no faulty loads give dodgy readings.

I would get GN3 and refresh yourself, it will all come back to you in a flash.

Cheers...........Howard

Hi guys starting a new job testing commercial properties, i have passed my 2391 a few years ago and im just looking to refresh myself<

1: when doing an IR test on circuits protected by rcbo's to i have to disconnect both neutral and earth flying leads?

I leave the neutral and earth flying leads in place and disconnect the circuit line and neutral from the RCBO. As above, leave the CPC connected to the earth bar.

1, Yes disconnect everything, but the cpc's must remain connected to the main earthing terminal whilst the circuit is under test.
2, The cream one is a functional earth, it wont work without it connected, the neutral is to enable connection to the neutral bar.
3, No
4, No, but i would disconnect to ensure no faulty loads give dodgy readings.

I would get GN3 and refresh yourself, it will all come back to you in a flash.

Cheers...........Howard

On the 'functional earth' point, what do they actually do? they test perfectlt without them

Reply to Testing Help in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net