Discuss Testing help in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

M

Mazza78

Hi guys

I've just started my 2330 level 3 and I'm on the testing of continuity of ring final circuits. I have a question I hope someone can clear up for me please if possible??
When cross connecting L1-N2 and L2-N1 in choc block and testing how do I know or find out if wires are right way round in choc block if they've not been marked prior to installing?

What type of readings would show if I had outgoing live and outgoing neutral instead of outgoing live and incoming neutral for example? Oris there another way to solve this problem??

Hope this makes sense!!

Thanks

If you connect it wrong the readings at each point will go up towards the midlle of the ring and back down as you get back to the board i.e. 0.10 0.12 0.16 0.20 0.15 0.11.
If you got it right they will all be the same (excluding spurs)

Correct connection would result in the readings being almost identical at every socket outlet on that RFC.

Incorrect connection would see the readings rise between the start and mid point of that ring and decrease between the mid point and the end.

Thanks lads for clearing that up!! Now you said that it does ring a bell from what I'd been taught!! So much info at once though doing it 2 nights a week!!

cheers again

Thanks lads for clearing that up!! Now you said that it does ring a bell from what I'd been taught!! So much info at once though doing it 2 nights a week!!

cheers again

To be fair mate, I struggle with learning after teatime, just sends me off to sleeeeep...........

Bear in mind, in a college scenario, using this method can be alittle awkward as on most test rigs there are only 3 sockets 18" apart so the readings are extremely low anyway!

To be fair mate, I struggle with learning after teatime, just sends me off to sleeeeep...........

Bear in mind, in a college scenario, using this method can be alittle awkward as on most test rigs there are only 3 sockets 18" apart so the readings are extremely low anyway!

To be fair our one is a three phase rig with 6 sockets on but hard to know exact order o
sockets start and go too as there in grid format on wall!!

My next big thing is getting my head around formulas and equations in the science unit bit( magnetic flux etc)
Now that can send you to sleep!! Lol

Reply to Testing help in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net