Discuss Testing of a new circuit in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
I know the logic in this doesn't make sense... But

If you install a new circuit in a 17th edition plastic consumer unit, but changed the consumer unit to a metal one the following day... What certification would you need?

Would you need an EIC for the new circuit? Or would you just include the new circuit on the EIC for the new board?

I know it's not logical... (You'd change the board first for obvious reasons)

Any information will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

And in England and Wales they both fall under part P too....

Hmm. Sorry, but I'll get my pedant horse out...

ALL electrical work falls under Part P

The
Statutory Instrument
Information relevent to Part P of the building regs in England/Wales, SI3210-2004 incorporating SI652-2006:
for Part P says only this

4f600d0d3fb42a8fbecd8f03b02da195

That is it.

The Building Regulations approved document (which you may be referring to) details how the P1 Statutory Instrument can be complied with. For instance, it suggests that conforming to BS7671 might be one way to do this!

It also specifies that certain work needs to be notified to the local authority. Which is a different thing.

Reply to Testing of a new circuit in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi guys, need a bit of advice, EICR was completed on the property which needed a new consumer unit and a few other bits like broken sockets and...
Replies
Views
In my line of work it's very rare that I ever have to change a DB. I'm largely in maintenance; occasionally have to add new circuits etc. so in...
Replies
Views
NICEIC Certification Scheme New Circuit - NO RCDs
A client wants an outdoor socket installing on a new circuit. The current installation doesn't have any RCDs for the other circuits. I would put...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am in the process of training to be an electrician and have a question. When filling out a EIC for a new circuit am I required to test...
Replies
Views
Hello, I had an eicr done in 2021and it passed with four C3 items. They recommend next test date to be in 3 years instead of 5 on the certificate...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock