SuperlecDirect - ElectriciansForums.net Electrical Suppliers
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members
Advertisement - Content continues below

Discuss TESTING R1 + R2 garage supply in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

I

iceman

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

hello im tryin to get ready for me assesment with the nic iv got a ring final circuit upstairs witch provides power to the central heating off a fuse spur when testin R1 + R2 do i test all sockets and the spur or just the sockets? thanks

also theres a garage supply comin frm a 20A circuit breaker frm the house providing power via a fuse spur 2 socket outlets and 3 light points when testing R1 + R2 do i test every point including the spur? thanks

Electrical2Go - Online Electrical Supplier
S

Spudnik

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I would do the test with all sockets and the spur.

Second, if its a radial, the furthest point.

I

iceman

yes the sockets are on a radial circuit when i practicing i went straight to the furthest point but on the day the asseser will probley want to see me test every point :-/ lol

J

johnnyb

Yeh mate he will want to see everything thats relavant to that circuit, and we have ours back end of this month.

S

Spudnik

Just out of interest, why would he want to see the test at every point?

Edit. Duuuhhh. Just realised what i said.:D:D

Sorry, i've been out in the fresh air all day.

Last edited by a moderator:
I

iceman

johnnyb how long you been with the nic? would you say you get more work once registard? thanks

In theory you should test R1+R2 at all points, noting the highest value obtained (i.e. worst case scenario with regard to disconnection times).

P

Pippyboy1916

why would you take a R1 + R2 on a radia (R1 + R2 only on a ring)l and how can you take a R1 + R2 reading on you central heating surly it would just be a R2?

S

Spudnik

You take R1 & R2 on ALL circuits, radial or RFC.

Des 56

-
Arms
Esteemed
why would you take a R1 + R2 on a radia (R1 + R2 only on a ring)l and how can you take a R1 + R2 reading on you central heating surly it would just be a R2?
Because you are measuring the possible fault path of that circuit to see if it is within the limits required

S

sparkswillfly

taking r1 +r2 also confirm polarity

A

AMST09

taking r1 +r2 also confirm polarity
Not on a radial circuit only a lighting circuit where you have switches
To confirm polarity you also need to do an R1 + RN or R2 + RN
R1+R2 or R2 values need to be taken at every point on a circuit

S

spark1

One point to bear in mind is that if measuring on the load side of a fcu the acceptable value will depend on the rating of its associated fuse and not the circuit protective device at the consumer unit.

spark1

P

Pippyboy1916

Because you are measuring the possible fault path of that circuit to see if it is within the limits required

sorry i thought you only nedd to take a R1 + R2 reading on a ring, just new to testing tho.

Wetroom Store - Network Wetroom Suppliers

Reply to TESTING R1 + R2 garage supply in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Top Bottom