Discuss testing r1 +r2 in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

M

marty1234

when testing R1+R2 at main board then going to sockets to start my test i noticed the earth wire (cpc)twisted to gether on the socket . This was on every socket i tested would this give me wrong results

Hi, welcome to the forum. The short answer to your question is NO! Like Wayne I am concerned why you think it might give wrong readings. Are your readings wrong? If so, give us your readings and we may be able to help identify the likely cause.

only if the cpc breaks from being twisted will you have a problem.

my pet hate is the 2 cpc's being twisted all the way back to the sheath and put in 1 piece of sleeve.

my pet hate is the 2 cpc's being twisted all the way back to the sheath and put in 1 piece of sleeve.

i work with sparks who do this, it really really bugs me, and their cables are always short, worst thing is they have been sparking for like 15 years and i have to test their work, sick of telling them in the end i give up and say nothing

oh and dont get me started on their mains boards

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm a tester and inspector and if I see any cpcs twisted I go ape****,my pet hate as well,oh to all the sparks out there,stop putting both cpcs up one sleeve,****s up my readings.

I am sick of pulling twisted cpc's out of CU's or socket outlets, untwisting to test and then the b******s snap off. If i saw any spark twisting the CPC i would twist their knackers till they snapped off.

Cheers..........Howard

Lol hate to say this, but some of us were actually trained to twist the CPC together down to a T+E sheath and use a single sleeve. Same as we had to keep reminding older than us, that lighting circuits should have a earth ( not CPC then), and stop cutting them out.

Was told that one it was to ensure that the CPC never lost continuity and 2 saves money. Got to remember lads in the 70,s there was no such things as PIRs and so once those cables where in, until someone decided to either change the face plates or rewire they were never going to move.

those good old days are gone for good mate. too many pen pushers to support now. not to mention the likes of megger etc. with their all singing, all dancing test equipment. was much better with an avo 8 and a wind up megger.

Reply to testing r1 +r2 in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net