Discuss Testing someone else’s work in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Agreed but it could be as simple as the earth has come out.....why was the lady concerned in the first place she couldn’t have known about the lack of earth?

Nope I was heading down the it’s probably an easy fix and not to stress about eicr or mwc....you look the hero and get all future works, but I do stand by my question of what caused the lady concerns in the first place?

Agreed but it could be as simple as the earth has come out.....why was the lady concerned in the first place she couldn’t have known about the lack of earth?
My first thoughts as well, her words “he was a drip that constantly made excuses not to come back and finish the work” and the standards of the other work they had done for her gave her the concern for wanting it checked

Tom it's laudable of you to say you are nowhere near to being an Electrician, and I realise s
No, somebody asked me how it was spurred, or if it was a new socket... i assume they were heading down the lines of should it be an EIC rather than MNWC
If it is an alteration to an existing circuit then it's a MNWC, an EIC would be required if it was a new circuit, in this case it's an alteration to an existing circuit.

My first thoughts as well, her words “he was a drip that constantly made excuses not to come back and finish the work” and the standards of the other work they had done for her gave her the concern for wanting it checked
How have you been able to confirm no earth without any physical or visual testing?
no earth was confirmed by trying to get a ZS reading but not being able to. mft indicated no earth

Reply to Testing someone else’s work in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net