Discuss Testing someone else’s work in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Yes, she wouldnt let him back to do anything else. She wanted rid of him
Shouldn’t be to hard to rectify them mate,does she want the eicr or just making good? If she just wants making good I’d confirm the cpc visuals at the Cu and also at the socket (I’d guess it’s come loose) couple of tests to confirm stuff and things and then as Pete says mwc,

Be interesting the see what the outcome of this is OP, can you take some pictures when you unscrew the socket. Before disconnecting/testing anything.

Be interesting the see what the outcome of this is OP, can you take some pictures when you unscrew the socket. Before disconnecting/testing anything.
Only just seen this and tested it today and didnt take any photos, the chap had already been round to sort it out and apart from being untidy i couldnt fault it.
Carried out all the tests and everything was fine with it. Put the customers mind at rest.
The best part about it all, the customer was telling me that with the fault it had (no earth) the bloke that installed it said there wouldnt be any problems and it would be perfectly safe.... just that the drum would run backwards on the tumble drier, I literally had no words for this “more qualified than anyone” electrician that fitted it in the first place :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

At the top of the screen there are 3 icons L-N
L-E and N-E, when the connection is there they go solid, they flash when there is no connection.
L-N was solid the other 2 were flashing

We’re all your test leads plugged into the meter?

Tom,

If she is concerned about the safety of the work carried out, then yes, you can carry out an EICR (which, given it's a spur from what I'm assuming is a ring final circuit) should include a full suite of dead and live tests on the circuit, along with a visual inspection of the work carried out.

As the house is new, she should have access to the original EIC for the installation which you can refer to for test results for the circuit that was worked on.

Hope that helps.

Regards

SC

Reply to Testing someone else’s work in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock