CK Tools :) The professionals choice when it comes to Electrical Tools
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss Testing TFT monitors in the Industrial Electrician Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

A

af1

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Hi, was just wondering if anybody could tell me if TFT monitors are PAT tested seperately or tested with the computer?

Last edited by a moderator:
Electrical2Go - Online Electrical Supplier
S

Shakey

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
well i wouldnt 'test' any IT equipment

monitors would need be double insulated, so the only thing you would give it is an FVI

when testing things like this, (FVI or CIT) it is better to do them seperately, as there is no guarantee that monitir will stay with that base station anyway

ian.settle1

-
Mentor
Arms
Depends on what make and model of PAT tester you use. Seaward Supanova has a IT test setting so should be ok to test.

D

dragon-av

I thought there was an exemption for devices using fully moulded IEC connectors

S

Shakey

Depends on what make and model of PAT tester you use. Seaward Supanova has a IT test setting so should be ok to test.
but Ian, if its class 2, what would you test?

I thought there was an exemption for devices using fully moulded IEC connectors
not aware of any excemption, i have an adaptor with my megger pat testers, so i would remove the IEC lead (if it seperates from the monitor/printer/computer etc, I would then test and register this seperately, and just give the monitor an FVI

Last edited by a moderator:
D

dragon-av

#i think thats the case you can test the lead without it being connected if the TFT is daisy chained off the PC PSU I'm not sure

S

Shakey

#i think thats the case you can test the lead without it being connected if the TFT is daisy chained off the PC PSU I'm not sure
just check the IEC lead as a seperate entity regardelss

I test the leads (CIT) and inspect the IT equipment (FVI) and thats it

Reply to Testing TFT monitors in the Industrial Electrician Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

Aico 3000 Range
Top Bottom