Discuss Testing transformers in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

M

mcelectrical

Hi this is my first post on here> Can anyone help me with testing 12v transformers? I've tested low voltage bathroom fan transformers ok, but not low voltage light transformers. I'm using a Megger, and some of the transformers say 'dont test with a megger' on them? I guess i'm missing a trick somewhere?

Are they wire-wound inductive transformers or electronic type? You should be able to 'Megger' them if you just use the 250volt testing range and not the 500/1000 volt settings.

Reply to Testing transformers in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi all, Im new to the forum and wanted to check something and maybe get some advice confirmation. Ive got halogen wall lights which use a...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I've installed a Lorex doorbell recently, but it is not turning on. I did some tests using a multimeter and this is what I found...
Replies
Views
Hi! Some help would be appreciated! I've just moved into new house, wanting to check insulation resestance etc as getting some nuisance...
Replies
Views
Extremely low voltage on 120v line Hi, I’m not an electrician but my home has 20 amp breaker that has only one outdoor outlet on it with a GFCI...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I need help installing a Lorex smart doorbell. I have tried to install a doorbell transformer several times to no avail. The first...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock