Discuss testing under part p in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

sima24

hi guys, im in the process of registering with a part p scheme and wondered if someone could clear a few things up for me in regards to testing. i understand if i work on a circuit then i test that circuit etc, and obviously a full test on a rewire. its the pir that confuses me, if someone were to call me up and ask ifi could an electrical test/check of their property, am i allowed to do so? or landlord certs etc. as i noticed on elecsa website its an additional 600/700 to register for their pir. basicaly can i check the wiring someones house and produce a test sheet, and would that cover the homeowner/landlord/business owner etc.
thanks in advance for any help, cheers

PIR's have been replaced and are now called EICR now and nothing really to do with part P. GN3 states that the electrical installation condition report should be carried out by some one who has "sound knowledge and experience" and must be "fully versed in inspecting and testing proceedures".
Usually the quallification 2391 will do this, but not a necessity if you can proove your competance another way.

Last edited by a moderator:
ELECSA believe that it is generally accepted that an above average knowledge of electrical installations is required to carry out PIRs, usually gained through years of experience combined with a formal qualification (such as C&G 2391).

and this

To carry out an Electrical Condition Report, you must be deemed competent to do so by your client.

Many people also obtain P I insurance

The criteria is usually iwhether the client accepts your report or not

Reply to testing under part p in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Good day. First time poster. We recently had an electrician perform the EICR, as this is a newly purchased property I thought'd I would have the...
Replies
Views
Hi Guys, hopefully someone will know the answer. Testing an install on a (domestic) PME system I have a garage consumer unit supplied from one of...
Replies
Views
I am looking to join a CPS. I have looked at NIC Napit and Blue Flame. Just for a small cost difference Napit a Nic look to be a better option...
Replies
Views
Hello, you all helped me out recently when we had a water leak (mostly in kitchen ceiling), and my landlord's contractor was saying the household...
Replies
Views
Hi all, looking for some advice, ive got my 236 Parts 1 & 2, AM1, 18th Edition, Testing & Inspection, how do i go about registering for Part P...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock