Discuss testing what a nightmear in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

supoerspark91

hi im just wondering if any one can give me some advice please, I have recently become self-employed electrician, I am just wondering about testing my work. I havnt completed my 2391 yet but hoping to in the future, I have heard about these nicec green test sheets that can be used I was wondering if anybody could give me some information about these eg. what they can be used for and stuff. thank you

Look on ebay for certs. I paid £11.99 for a cd with the lot on.

Ok so thank you "vernam616" your replay was very useful *removed* Yeah I have realised they have split it into two parts now and they have also made it harder, thank you for replaying but nobody has really answered my question

Last edited by a moderator:
be careful what you certify, special locations, and new works will need Part P notification, which means you need to get registered under a Part P scheme, you do not need your test and inspect for this, just 17th edition will do, which is so so wrong but that's the way it is, ive been qualified for 10 years and recently became a NIC Domestic Installer, I could not believe how little the inspector asked me, he asked 2 simple questions, make me do a RCD test, a earth loop and that was that, shocking, that cost me £468.00, rip off!

Thank you D.A.B solutions ur replay has been very helpful, yeah I understand the special locations like bathrooms kitchens and garden they need a part p, I completely agree with you that is shocking I thought you would of had to do at least a good percentage of a test to show your competence of testing. Have you got any info on there green niceic certs that we can get hold of??

be careful what you certify, special locations, and new works will need Part P notification, which means you need to get registered under a Part P scheme, you do not need your test and inspect for this, just 17th edition will do, which is so so wrong but that's the way it is, ive been qualified for 10 years and recently became a NIC Domestic Installer, I could not believe how little the inspector asked me, he asked 2 simple questions, make me do a RCD test, a earth loop and that was that, shocking, that cost me £468.00, rip off!

News to me. NAPIT wanted to see my certificates for 2382 17th edition and 2394, and registered me but with a noncompliance until I had my 2395.

You don't have to use NICEIC certificate, as Tel said you can but a CD with all of them in from Fleabay, you local wholesaler will probably have them in stock, or you could even make your own up using the model forms in BS7671

Ok so I can buy the test sheets from anywhere but also do I need to be part p registered or am I ok just testing my own work with calibrated test equipment and filing a cert out, there has got to be someone or something to make sure the work I have completed is up to standard??

So long as you are competent then non notifiable installations can be signed off on Electrical installation certificates (or minor works).
You can inspect and test them (if you are competent).
The NICEIC do supply the green certificates that can be used by anyone, you do not need to be registered with them to use them.
They have the full range of certificates available here.
However the advice above about using other sources is very much valid.
The 2394 is the course to aid your initial verification inspection and testing.
The 2395 is the course to aid your periodic inspection and testing and EICR completion.

Reply to testing what a nightmear in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net