Discuss Testing Ze in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

L

leekemp85

Hi all,
Just a quick one, I've been asked to price a EICR / PIR on some shared offices, its just the landlords testing so the general test to each "sub owned DB" plus the landlords communal lighting and small power.
I've been told I can't power down to one unit as the company has Servers and It gear. I know I can let this off with a limitation but can I put a Limitation on the Ze test for the building?
I don't think there will be any faults and all the sub boards and mains were upgraded 5 years ago

After you spend all day phoning i will guarantee the answer given by the person will be the maximum Ze permitted depending on your earthing characteristics.

Limitation for Ze. Zdb at your board, and see what you get, there is more than a good chance it will be well below 0.35/0.8, if so then no problems. If it is getting close to those values, then good old fashioned maths comes into play to work out your Ze.

Cheers.............Howard

Reply to Testing Ze in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock