Discuss testing Zs at the light switch in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

T

TONY JONES

:confused:Is there any ruling/guidelines that state that you cannot test for efli of the lighting circuit at the light switch providing your meter does not need a neutral to power it up? as it is easier and often less hassle with light fittings in many houses today?

:confused:Is there any ruling/guidelines that state that you cannot test for efli of the lighting circuit at the light switch providing your meter does not need a neutral to power it up? as it is easier and often less hassle with light fittings in many houses today?

well what you have to consider Tony, if you are using presumably a three plate ceiling rose, then the light swtich is not the extremity of your circuit

As you know, the value of R1+R2 and Zs entered on your test results are the HIGHEST reading for each final circuit

If you are three plating then this will be at your rose, not the switch

Consider a 2 way lighting circuit, depending on the configuration, you could be adding 10m-20m easily by the time it goes up and down your strappers

and anyway under the 17th, when more light circuits come under RCD's, if you are measuring on 'no trip loop' or equivalanet, a lot of meters will need that neutral!;)

well what you have to consider Tony, if you are using presumably a three plate ceiling rose, then the light swtich is not the extremity of your circuit

As you know, the value of R1+R2 and Zs entered on your test results are the HIGHEST reading for each final circuit

If you are three plating then this will be at your rose, not the switch

Consider a 2 way lighting circuit, depending on the configuration, you could be adding 10m-20m easily by the time it goes up and down your strappers

and anyway under the 17th, when more light circuits come under RCD's, if you are measuring on 'no trip loop' or equivalanet, a lot of meters will need that neutral!;)

cheers pal fair comments

Reply to testing Zs at the light switch in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net