Bulk Workwear - Clothing Suppliers for the Whole Forum Network
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members
Advertisement - Content continues below

Discuss Testing Zs for Three Phase Motor in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

D

DanBrown

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

I have been pushed all of a sudden towards testing my work off myself and only being an apprentice myself and not done my Level 3 testing yet, i was just wondering how you do:

An earth loop test - Zs on a three phase motor.
The motor is speed controlled - so im guessing i need to wire-out my controller beforehand..

Wetroom Store - Network Wetroom Suppliers
S

Shakey

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I have been pushed all of a sudden towards testing my work off myself and only being an apprentice myself and not done my Level 3 testing yet, i was just wondering how you do:

An earth loop test - Zs on a three phase motor.
The motor is speed controlled - so im guessing i need to wire-out my controller beforehand..
Dan you wouldnt do Zs on a motor.

you would do Zs on the circuit up to the starter/controller, and then do R1+R2 on the circuit after the starter, if required, and add this to the Zs

Aico 3000 Range

Reply to Testing Zs for Three Phase Motor in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

uHeat Banner - Forum Discount Available
Top Bottom