Discuss Testing???? in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

D

david williams

If I had done jst a board change straight over and added no more circuits would I be able to test the whole board with my 2392(I can test my own wrk)

Yes you should be able to easily handle a CCU change if you have done the 2392 course. However, a CCU change is a notifiable job, so you should be P Registered otherwise you'll need to involve the LABC and they may decide to send their own guy around and charge you for it - normally this is not cheap.

If you inform them (LABC) beforehand and explain you already have a 2392 qualification and are working towards Part P, then they may accept your test report as proof that you know what you're doing and let you off with a reduced rate.

Some LABC's are still accomodating in this way!!

ps: If you are introducing multiple RCD's into the circuit for the 1st time, watch out for the deaded crossed neutrals. And if the new CCU has RCD's on for the first time, then circuit leakages to earth is one to watch out for - in my experience usually those bloody outside lights with PIR's

Reply to Testing???? in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock