Discuss Testing in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

O

ONIT

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Afternoon,

Looking For A Bit Help, Changing A Light Switch For A Dimmer Switch/box Bedroom One Light-one Switch.

With A Minor Works Cert, What Tests Would Be Needed (were Do You Start And How Far Do You Go)

All Replys Welcome Cheers

Test Meter - Forum Sponsors since 2007!
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members
S

Shakey

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
if you doing a minor works for this (and i am not sure that i would)

Do R1+R2, but you will probably have to short out the dimmer, while its shorted out, do IR, then do Zs, then reconnect it

O

ONIT

Thanks Shakey,

I Was Thinking Of Disconneting Switch Doing Ir On Switch Wire Then Reconnecting And Doing Zs From C/rose Got Niceic Coming

S

Shakey

you might have difficulty doing Zs through the dimmer, your meter may not pull enough to trigger the triacs in the dimmer, and even if you do, it may give you a high reading - but give it a go!!

O

ONIT

Any Ideas Of What Tests Niceic Would Be Looking For, For A Replace Ment Of A Dimmer

Last edited by a moderator:
Wetroom Store - Network Wetroom Suppliers

Reply to Testing in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

uHeat Banner - Forum Discount Available
Top Bottom