Discuss texecom help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

J.C.E

-
Arms
Reaction score
trying to config a texecom 64w wireless system

front door contact
ground hall PIR
groud hall RKP
3x other ground hall PIRs
1x 1st floor landing PIR

the zones and attributes are giving me a f****** headache

my thinking

front D/C- entry/exit 1 with access and guard
ground hall PIR- guard access with entry/exit 2
the other 3 ground floor PIRS- guard with guard
the 1st floor PIR- guard with part 1 omit

full arms works fine

part arm bedtime 1- i want the 1st floor to not be active- ground hall to be my entry timer and all other ground floor to be instant

why using the above does the 1st floor activate the alarm when part alarmed and the ground hall PIR not activate the timer to unset it

cheers

Think your confusing setting up different areas with setting up part arms. Have you set up what zones are included in the part arms? Are you using Wintex or doing it via the RKP? If on RKP go to zone setup and press the part button. Press omit to look at/adust zones included in part arm 1, chime for part arm 2, part for part arm 3. Use the scroll buttons to look through the zones. Press the no button to toggle between on and off for each zone. Hope that helps.

Im a DIY user of Texecom, so test to make sure this meets your requirements, but i do a lot of Premier Elites at weekends :)

You want everything in area A, secondary areas aren't worth it on a normal setup unless its got a separate garage.

Front Door:
Entry/Exit 1
Area A

Front Hall PIR assuming this will be triggered between opening front door and disarming at the RKP and will be triggered when coming down in the morning after night part arm:

Guard Access
Access
Entry/Exit 2
Area A

Landing PIR Upstairs (off during night part arm):
Guard
Ommittable
Part 1 Omit (makes it ignored when part set 1 is set for bed time)
Area A

All other detectors:
Guard
Area A

It may be worth putting ommittable on all zones, depends on wether you want to be able to set the system with omits or not

If you are doing this at the RKP, buy a lead and do it in WinTex or get the SmartCom and do it over that.

Hope this helps

Brian

A couple of dogs work just fine ;)

Only if they eat on command I know of a couple of people who lost their dogs because of poisoned meat put through the letter box by the thieves then they broke in once the dog keeled over

Only if they eat on command I know of a couple of people who lost their dogs because of poisoned meat put through the letter box by the thieves then they broke in once the dog keeled over
I’ve got round that problem. I don’t have a letter box and only feed my dogs on burglars. :D

Reply to texecom help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock