Discuss Texecom Premier Alarm in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

H

hutch6447

Hi, short off it is my sister has bought a texecom wired alarm and wants me to fit it and to be honest I did a course about a year and a half ago on alarm installation but since then cause I was an electrician in the army and for past year been doing domestic electrician with elecsa, I haven't really touched alarms.

I have got her FCU in place to take the power from for the control panel but as for wiring it up I have done end of line with resistors got the bell box in and the keypad but it keeps coming up axillary tamper and I just cant remember if I have done anything wrong.

Has anyone got any download picture diagrams of set out instructions Help would be appreciated Thanks Matt.

I tried to access alarm page but couldn't is there a reason for this? Thanks for quick reply

Hi is there any chance you could send that info to my email address or post me a link to get it as cant get on alarm page it appears locked

Have you put a link into the tamper connection of the control panel? If you have done EOL wiring, then you will not of used the tamper circuit, so this must be linked out.

trhink adam's idea ( link the global tamper pair of terminals in the panel if it has them). also check that you,ve fitted the resistors correctly. 1 across the alarm pair of the detector, and the other in series. or could be a poor fitting lid on a PIR> this often happens when the walls are out of true.

The Texecom Premier panels do have an auxiliary tamper, and the error is stating that this is at fault.

If it was a PIR, it would indicate which zone had a tamper fault.

Link out all the tampers at the main circuit board. Including the bell box tamper, keypad tamper, global tamper etc
Ensure the tamper switch on the panel is also de-activated
This should solve your problem.
Then rewire each one up, one by one, you will find your problem.
i would also link out the PA also

Hi, right think i am nearly there alarm system is arming properly and no faults are displaying on the keypad you take the front off control panel and it alarms which is fine, remove any of the resistors from the PIR's and it alarms the tamper but I have given the system a 15 second walk out it sounds like it arms fine and the PIR's are powered but when alarm is armed you walk in front of sensors and it dont alarm as if the circuit is still closed but PIR is picking you up but checked everything I possible could any ideas?

Have you wired the resistor correctly in the pir and is it all the pirs that dont work

am i right in saying that this is a 2 wire connection over the tamper and and alarm contacts so what the problem the panel sees one resistor and when the pir zone contact opens it puts the other resistor in parallel

Last edited by a moderator:
well at the moment only 1 pir wired in and all other zones are linked out, want to get this one working first before doing the rest.

Got the jumper links in for the resistors as per the instructions

Thats connecting up in series isnt it I thought for it to be class 2 it needs to be EOL.

The tamper is in series but the alarm sensors are not, I know of a spark that wires them this way and a nacoss guy takes them over so assume its ok

Reply to Texecom Premier Alarm in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock