Discuss Texecom Premier Alarm in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

yes activated the 2/ EOL so i think it should know unless I have done this wrong can you tell me what setting i should activate because there are a few that come up?

Eol ain't it , I am unsure through the keypad as program it using my laptop, which premier panel is it?

I think it's eol but to be honest I usually just do it the way I said earlier , never done eol , don't see a need for it to be connected eol! You have 6 cores so why not use them! Unless 1 cable is doing 2 sensors!

Bin the resistors off , take two cores to 12v and 0v
2 cores across the sensor relay
2cores across tamper

At the panel do the 12v +0v as you normally have, do the zone the same as the alarm sensor relay
And then series the tamper circuit up and connect your 2 legs in aux tamper! Simples!

Oh then change the way it is wired on the panel to normally closed!
Anyone else had problems with their terminal connectors being cross threaded recently?

Bin the resistors off , take two cores to 12v and 0v
2 cores across the sensor relay
2cores across tamper

At the panel do the 12v +0v as you normally have, do the zone the same as the alarm sensor relay
And then series the tamper circuit up and connect your 2 legs in aux tamper! Simples!

I can only assume you are not familiar with the Texecom Premier panel as each circuit / zone has it's own tamper connection if using double pole wiring so there is no need to series tampers. In my opinion non E.O.L. wiring where the panel allows E.O.L. wiring is not making best use of the panel with double pole wiring you are only monitoring half the circuit

Hutch6447
Assuming that a 2k2 resistor is used as the end of line with a 4k7 resistor across the alarm contact and connected to the panel as the diagram on page 21 of the installation manual then the circuits need programming as Double Pole / E.O.L. as page 37 (which is the default configuration) if you have used different resistor values / configuration then the appropriate option needs to be selected. Very straight forward really so I can only assume something is misconnected.

I would suggest that to prove the detector is wired correctly that you power it up then connect the circuit to a multimeter and check that you get a reading of 2k2 +/- the resistor tolerance then get someone to activate the detector and check that you get a reading of 6k9 +/- the resistor tolerance

No not familiar with premier system have installed the veritas a few times and that when fine for EOL had to put in my own resistors, but this premier uses jumper links which never came across I assume that the jumper links replace the need for resistors?

The system is showing no faults, Battery fine, bell box fine, no tamper faults, no aux faults.

Right we are sorted I think last thing that needs sorting out.

System is wired EOL using the jumper links and now system is arming and activating fine my only issue now is when alarm sounds and I put in the user code to dis arm it says cant do it you need tag?

Reply to Texecom Premier Alarm in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock