Discuss Thank god the UK has the Met Office and the media ............... in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

O

Octopus

Yes, the warned us all days ago .................

So we stocked up with provisions ................

And cut plenty of wood in case of power cuts .................

So its been snowing ALL DAY ......................

Do you think its safe to go out?

Snow.jpg

Well outside right now, the pavements have turned into ice rinks, the snow that melted has frozen into sheet ice. there is still quite a bit of snow around still. we had about 1 1/2 inches in the centre of bath, out on the hills they had more. got family down in devon and its snowed them in. they had a several inches. its even snowing down in cornwall

F9E0B35A-7C38-43EB-9E84-B4FC6EC63CB4.jpeg
Bit more down here near Hindhead but that’s what you get when you live at altitude ;) might fire up the bbq a bit later.

H to H is 100m fall over 3km (about) so no avalanches likely :( . But on the plus side it's a good slope for sewerage flow, if I recall correctly :) .
Funny you should say that Wilko. Currently looking to install a new sewerage treatment tank and we do have a good slope, possibly too steep.

Funny you should say that Wilko. Currently looking to install a new sewerage treatment tank and we do have a good slope, possibly too steep.
have to change you screen name to FartAlan then. :eek:

Reply to Thank god the UK has the Met Office and the media ............... in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

So what are your thoughts? Over 100 schools in England closed, 40 or so in Scotland after a building material with a projected lifespan of 30-40...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have lifetime experience (50+ years) in United States with basic knowledge of split phase 120/240 volts replacing wall switches and...
Replies
Views
I don't "do" solar, but I've been asked to comment on an aspect of a new domestic solar installation by others. There is no overload or fault...
Replies
Views
An Invitation to Retired Electricians anywhere except the UK with Four Days a Month for a Niche Opportunity That Can Earn 15K a Year. There are...
Replies
Views
Our family room is part of an addition built a few years ago. We had an issue with nuisance tripping on an AFCI and the electrician came and...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock