Discuss The best place I've worked so far. in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Paul.M

-
Esteemed
Supporter
Reaction score
After a bit of a shocker this afternoon I was asked to go down to a storage yard to look at a water heater in a mobile catering kitchen. Ok its on my way home and I'm not the type of man to knock work back, let's have a look. Glad I did, It's a converted fire engine so I felt like a big kid jumping into the back of it looking at the small hydro heater. I needed 230V supply to see if the element had gone. The owner said he will pull the fire engine up to the building so I can plug in the commando plug. I asked if I could sit in the passengers seat whilst he moved it to the other side of the yard? His reply was "No, you can drive it!" So I jumped in, started up the 9 litre engine and off I went across the yard with a massive smile on my face feeling like an 8 year old child. Loved it, loved it, loved it although a little hard to reverse. I could have never dreamt of me driving a fire engine when I woke up this morning but I did, what a laugh (for 3 mins anyway). Just because I was so giddy at the time I asked him to take a photo, sad I know but I don't care, it was fun. BTW the heater is knackered and I'm replacing it next week.
IMAG0175.jpg

Rubbish picture I know but I don't want you lot knowing what I look like, you'll just take the mic ;););).

Last edited:
Are you going to make us believe the dude in here is not you then? lol
That's not me btw, that's the man who owns MPS, I just suby to him and posted the link on my signature in the hope of getting more work in for him and also me ;);). He's a good man and really knows his stuff, always expects the best from people and top quality work all the time. But I'm better looking ;););).

Aaw i wanted to audition to be a firefighter, but I dont think Im strong enough!! hehe I need to get my game up a bit if I want to get in!

DID YOU SHOUT nee naw nee naw nee naw AS YOU DROVE? OR ARE YOU MORE A waa wah wah wah wah TYPE?

best experience of mine was around 15ish out with friend n his dad who was a big wig in fire brigade n he got a call 60 mph through charing cross nee nawin n blue lights wish I had a vidio pohone back then

Hehe, my parents told me once the neighbours asked if they could take the machine off me that made the "neenaw" noise. Apparently they looked slightly upset when my Mum told them I made the noise myself!
Luckily I grew out of it. Now I have a computer to make the siren noises instead :)

Hehe, my parents told me once the neighbours asked if they could take the machine off me that made the "neenaw" noise. Apparently they looked slightly upset when my Mum told them I made the noise myself!Luckily I grew out of it. Now I have a computer to make the siren noises instead :)
Let's face it we are all big kids at heart?

Fire fighters are always late at our place from the day when Tiger woods had joined as Traffic officer and h always stops the vehicle for the over speed ! lol :6:

Reply to The best place I've worked so far. in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net