Discuss The dark loft. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

westward10

Staff member
Admin
Esteemed
Supporter
Reaction score
I rewired my loft three or four years ago fitting two twin 58w fluorescents. Been up and down getting Christmas stuff down, about the third time there was a pop from one of the fittings and it stopped working. Back up there today and a bigger pop from the other which took the breaker out now I have darkness, looked in both and no signs of damage or water ingress and whilst it may be a bit damp up there I never expected them both to go at virtually the same time.

I rewired my loft three or four years ago fitting two twin 58w fluorescents. Been up and down getting Christmas stuff down, about the third time there was a pop from one of the fittings and it stopped working. Back up there today and a bigger pop from the other which took the breaker out now I have darkness, looked in both and no signs of damage or water ingress and whilst it may be a bit damp up there I never expected them both to go at virtually the same time.
I had this a few months ago, a little furry friend had made a railway line out of the FTE.

There is absolutely no evidence of damage and the cables are such they are never trod on the pops definitely came from the fittings.

unless you want to be working over the holidays
invest in one of these?

Reply to The dark loft. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I had an interesting little job this morning. Three sockets in an extension were not working and haven't worked for quite some time (years). It...
Replies
Views
Hi, looking for some ideas on this. I went to an address on Tuesday following a storm where property has been struck by lightning. When the...
Replies
Views
Beware a little long. I served an electrical apprenticeship a long time ago, then went back to full time education immediately moving away from...
Replies
Views
I own a top floor tenement flat that I used to live in and then rented out after I married. It is currently empty whilst some work is being done...
Replies
Views
Morning All I recently completed my first re wire and board change, (with help from the owner who is a gas fitter and plumper, who works with my...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock