Discuss The Gift-It-On Thread - FREE PRODUCTS INSIDE THIS THREAD!!! in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Lister1987

-
Trainee
Esteemed
Reaction score
The aim is simple and 2 fold
  1. To give an easy meabe of clearing out clutter that once was in use and now has no use to the owner
  2. To ensure that tools/equipment/literature that can be used by our sector gets as much useas possible
Theres a few rules to ensure smooth running of the thread:
  1. Once an item is offered, the person accepting the offer should quote the previous post in thier reply - This makes it easier to see what item they are replying to - In the event that simultaneous users go for the same item, the user that has quote the item in reply will win the item. In the event of a tie, the person offering the item decides who gets the item.
  2. All offers must have pictures and be posted within 48hrs of accepting the item offered previous - This gives a bit of time to find something to gift on
  3. Items offered in acceptance of previous offer do not need to equate to the same value - A ÂŁ2 hammer could be offered in in acceptance of a ÂŁ20 set of pliers - You get the idea
  4. Postage is the responsibility of the person offering the item. In the event postage is excessive (~ÂŁ10) it is recommended that discussions about postage take part in private to see if the accepter is willing to contribute towards postage - This will side keeping the thread 'fair'; a stack of books for example will cost more to send than a single screwdriver
  5. Items should be sent by recorded delivery to verify the item is sent/received. - it is advisable to reply/quote to the person accepting your item - posting a copy of the post office receipt is advised- so that there is transparency should any send/receive arise
  6. Anyone found abusing the good nature of this thread will be reported to the site team - Not sending items, failure to provide proof of postage etc
  7. Additional rules may be added should the need arise.
Most of all enjoy the spirit of the thread,. This has been ran by Dan and has permission to run.

The following post will be the first item offered and an example of how to accept and carrying on the thread.

To kick the thread into action, a set of VDE screwdrivers.

To accept, quote reply the post "I'll take these etc" and PM your details to the person offering.

Once an offer has Been accepted, the person offering the item replies and advises who has got the item and give tracking details once obtained

Once you've 'won' an offer, you have 48hrs to offer the Next item an carrying on the thread.

Hope that's easy enough to follow...l

The Gift-It-On Thread - FREE PRODUCTS INSIDE THIS THREAD!!! ima - EletriciansForums.netThe Gift-It-On Thread - FREE PRODUCTS INSIDE THIS THREAD!!! ima - EletriciansForums.net

To accept, quote reply the post "I'll take these etc" and PM your details to the person offering.

Once an offer has Been accepted, the person offering the item replies and advises who has got the item and give tracking details once obtained

Once you've 'won' an offer, you have 48hrs to offer the Next item an carrying on the thread.

View attachment 51072View attachment 51073
Just to make sure this gets steam. And I genuinely need some of those. And also know I have something of more value in my tool cupboard. Not that it needs to be (as said above) but I'm the owner and it shouldnt seem like I'm ever gaining like this so I can just send on the screwdrivers back out the set lol

I'll pm you my details mate.

How does one usually pay?

Ok Dan, you got 'em, I'll aim to get them out to you over the weekend.

Whole point is money isn't involved, save donating towards postage - Recommend PayPal for that.

Next post to be Dan's offer (and POP)

View attachment 51072View attachment 51073
Okay here's my offer. :)

The Gift-It-On Thread - FREE PRODUCTS INSIDE THIS THREAD!!! IMG_20190805_170408607 - EletriciansForums.net

The Gift-It-On Thread - FREE PRODUCTS INSIDE THIS THREAD!!! IMG_20190805_170401184 - EletriciansForums.net

EU car travel kit. Assured will still require this after we leave lol it's the one with bulbs and first aid kit. Some don't have those in apparently.

Just to make sure this gets steam. And I genuinely need some of those. And also know I have something of more value in my tool cupboard. Not that it needs to be (as said above) but I'm the owner and it shouldnt seem like I'm ever gaining like this so I can just send on the screwdrivers back out the set lol

Posted Dan. Proof of postage attached
The Gift-It-On Thread - FREE PRODUCTS INSIDE THIS THREAD!!! IMG_20190806_153615 - EletriciansForums.net
Ok Dan, you got 'em, I'll aim to get them out to you over the weekend.

Whole point is money isn't involved, save donating towards postage - Recommend PayPal for that.

Next post to be Dan's offer (and POP)
Okay here's my offer. :)

View attachment 51123

View attachment 51124

EU car travel kit. Assured will still require this after we leave lol it's the one with bulbs and first aid kit. Some don't have those in apparently.

@Lister1987 . There is an address in that pic. Not sure who's it is but they might want it removing.

Righteo I've got a new gift then. Clearly my other one was rubbish. This new gift should be a bit more apt for this forum. I needed one myself so bought 2. I've got mine up and it's a pretty good lamp. Especially for free.

Pics to follow:-

The Gift-It-On Thread - FREE PRODUCTS INSIDE THIS THREAD!!! IMG_20190821_150149160 - EletriciansForums.net

The Gift-It-On Thread - FREE PRODUCTS INSIDE THIS THREAD!!! IMG_20190821_150140977 - EletriciansForums.net

Will somebody please take the light! We want something different to look at ?

It's free. I don't get it lol

Surely you just need to stick a pencil on, or anything, and gift that on. I keep having to move it around by my front door. I want to take it to the post office!!!! :p

Dan, it will sit nicely looking over my back garden.
just having a rummage to find something usefull to post
[automerge]1568912323[/automerge]
how about an outdoor socket, complete with a plastic box to put stuff in?The Gift-It-On Thread - FREE PRODUCTS INSIDE THIS THREAD!!! gift1 - EletriciansForums.net

Dan, it will sit nicely looking over my back garden.
just having a rummage to find something usefull to post
[automerge]1568912323[/automerge]
how about an outdoor socket, complete with a plastic box to put stuff in?View attachment 52376
Will PM you for your address and send it out in the morrow matey. :)

Thank god that's me done for a bit. Lou keeps trying to put the light away and I keep getting it back out again pmsl

Think I'll give it a few turns before I get involved again! :D

Edit: I've just thought - the box might be a pain in the arse postage wise.

I'm paying for the postage of this light to you. It's not huge at all.

But your box thing, might end up costing a few quid to post - so then it's a case of splitting postage or whatever with the person who wants it.

So perhaps give them the option of having the box with the socket, or just the socket?

Left with you anyway. That's me out of it. lol

I was losing sleep over this bloody light lol

:D

Last edited:
Will PM you for your address and send it out in the morrow matey. :)

Thank god that's me done for a bit. Lou keeps trying to put the light away and I keep getting it back out again pmsl

Think I'll give it a few turns before I get involved again! :D

Edit: I've just thought - the box might be a pain in the arse postage wise.

I'm paying for the postage of this light to you. It's not huge at all.

But your box thing, might end up costing a few quid to post - so then it's a case of splitting postage or whatever with the person who wants it.

So perhaps give them the option of having the box with the socket, or just the socket?

Left with you anyway. That's me out of it. lol

I was losing sleep over this bloody light lol

:D

postage is included in the gift, the boxes are great. I get 1 free with every plc kit I buy for ÂŁ500 ish,
run out of stuff to put in them now so am starting to get a pile of empty ones.
they have folding handles and are stackable.

Well that went quicker than bloody mine did!
I`d have had the light Dan it wasn`t that bad :D I have got loads of stuff I can offer so I might have a go again. what a great idea though i can`t believe it hasn`t taken off faster than this though
[automerge]1568932672[/automerge]
btw you should have chucked a hard hat in with that ring set :D would have been a good ppe kit for site :D:D

yes please James the spark.
ill have to pop something up tomorrow as she will go nut if i go downstairs rummaging about at this time :D

Pm your address over and i will make it happen

yes please James the spark.
ill have to pop something up tomorrow as she will go nut if i go downstairs rummaging about at this time :D

Ball is currently with you Pharlo, did you manage to find 'owt?

These threads are great but understandably replies can take time, just be mindful of what you may have to replace the offer and how quickly you can get the new item up (that's too all btw) - Timeframe is set ~72hrs which should give enough time to find something - even of it's a cheap screwdriver from poundland ?

Reply to The Gift-It-On Thread - FREE PRODUCTS INSIDE THIS THREAD!!! in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock