Discuss The Green Book in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

stef

-
Reaction score
Hi all,

I read in this forum some days ago about the amended 17th and a new book. So, we have to buy a new 7671 book, a new on site guide and of course the guidance notes as well? :eek:

I think they should go for an electronic version which then can be updated easily and cheap and it won't get dirty ;). It is not our fault if they can't make up their minds but we have to pay for it.

Hi all,

I read in this forum some days ago about the amended 17th and a new book. So, we have to buy a new 7671 book, a new on site guide and of course the guidance notes as well? :eek:

I think they should go for an electronic version which then can be updated easily and cheap and it won't get dirty ;). It is not our fault if they can't make up their minds but we have to pay for it.

The amendments will be posted on the IEE site and you can write them in. Shouldn't be any need to repurchase all of your books. It is an amendment - not a new edition.

all partp registered electricians are to recieve free of charge, new ammended bs7671 and osg from sceme providers upon new release, subsidised by the iee.

carlsberg dont do publications, but if they did.......................

Get your wallets out:- New Green Book, New OSG, New GN1 and New GN3!!!!
Once the regs to a British Standard, every new amendment means a new book.

Hi all,

They are available electronically, just that the cost is somewhere in the region of ÂŁ200, for the Regs, the OSG and all the GNs.

The amendments will be posted on the IEE site and you can write them in. Shouldn't be any need to repurchase all of your books. It is an amendment - not a new edition.

I doubt this will be possible and whether you would really want to. There's a whole new section and lots of changes. I wouldn't sit there writing all the new changes in. Cheaper and more cost effective to just buy a new one!!!

New book = ÂŁ60

@ cheapest per hour rate (not mine) of ÂŁ20p/h = 3hrs work (and that wouldn't be all of it) you'd be out of pocket!!!! There's lots of little changes...

All the changes in the new book are marked by a vertical line on the right hand side of the page.....

You can offset it anyway.....

Reply to The Green Book in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net