Discuss The joys of running a van in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Gavin John Hyde

-
Esteemed
Arms
Patron
Reaction score
Last week or so found shifting gear really hard in the little bipper van. Took it in the nearest garage as could barely get it out of 2nd.
Turns out after 92k the clutch packed up. Wasnt disengaging correctly.
Was expecting a massive bill. Needn't have worried as it only cost 387.00 including vat, materials and labour.

Appreciate it is too small for some but if you want a cheap small van to run bippers, nemos are the way to go it seems. Other than that its all hanky dory. Which for a puegeot seems surprising. Might be of use to those asking about vans on the forum recently

Yes as the French like to say "Putain Voiture" Driving along in Vito loud spang! Stopped and looked for damage thought it was someone throwing a stone or such. MOT some time later two front springs replaced, that was the noise and it cracked the windscreen! Can't believe front springs gone 2 foot high and 1 inch thick sprung steel. Bring back my old Morris minor van I say.

Nowt wrong with little vans:)

I had a crackin Bedford HA,ex-Post Office....it took me 2 weeks,to do the clutch on that...but i could only work on it,after school,as i was 13,at the time:rolleyes:

I had a little Citroen van,a while ago,while i was waiting to pick up me next Patrol. It was bright yellow,and had no writing on it...as i prefer.

My "jolly pals" put a sticker on each side,which read "Children's Entertainer" ....i left them on,until i realised,it looked a bit jimmy saville:( and off they came...but it drove good and had a cab heater you could make a mushroom toasty,on.:)

For a small van the bipper accelerates well and £35 give or take fills it up with diesel. Get good mileage out of it.
Being small, parking is great. Has a Small turning circle and since i do mainly house bashing suits me fine now i have sorted the racking to find things inside.
Only paid 3.2k for it on a 14 plate a year ago. Only issue the clutch.

Yes as the French like to say "Putain Voiture" Driving along in Vito loud spang! Stopped and looked for damage thought it was someone throwing a stone or such. MOT some time later two front springs replaced, that was the noise and it cracked the windscreen! Can't believe front springs gone 2 foot high and 1 inch thick sprung steel. Bring back my old Morris minor van I say.
Thats the downside to anything mercedes, the parts and repairs are nearly as much as the vehicle itself.

Little vans have there place like anything.
I run 2 vivaros and just got the young lad a cracking little Vauxhall combi ecoflex, 1.3 , 2 side doors, loads of head space and goes to the moon and back on a tank of diesel.
I think it always makes sense to have one small van in the fleet for all the long runs where not much gear is needed, i.e. testing jobs etc.

Reply to The joys of running a van in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock