Discuss The joys!! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

lifting a bedroom carpet and finfing about £3,000, all in £10s and £20s. showed to customer, a widow in her 70's. "So that's where the old sod hid it," she says

Drilled through a wall into next doors house (became an insurance job , thank goodness for PL insurance)

Fell through a ceiling in a bungalow while wiring the lighting in a hurry and missed my footing jumping from joist to joist (The Polish builder on site was very understanding and patched and plastered the ceiling while i tended to my cuts and bruises)

Drilled through a wall into next doors house (became an insurance job , thank goodness for PL insurance)

how come? £50 to fill hole, £250 insurance excess. maths don't tally.

lifting a bedroom carpet and finfing about £3,000, all in £10s and £20s. showed to customer, a widow in her 70's. "So that's where the old sod hid it," she says
After my Father died, and my Mum was moving into sheltered accommodation, whilst sorting the house out; we found my Dad had hidden his money in between the pages of loads of '70s ---- mags!

Had to ask my husband to go through a whole load of mags page by page to extract all the notes.

Around the most embarrassed I have ever seen him, reading ---- mags in front of his wife and Mother-in-law!

how come? £50 to fill hole, £250 insurance excess. maths don't tally.
Expensive Wall Paper the otherside , the neighbour insisted that the entire living room be re-papered

Thankfully my "putting my foot through the roof" incident was in my own flat :(

Other incident of note was tidying up cables at my old work place, so cutting out some big ones that were used for the analogue phone system that had been replaced a decade earlier by a VoIP system. Then the alarm company turned up... Then BT. Who could not find the entry point of the lines to the building in spite of site plans, so decided just to repair the one pair still used in the 50 or so I have butchered.

I've fallen out a loft, it was a new build and the taper hadn't been yet thankfully. When I was an apprentice I accidentally smashed the front of an oven while manoeuvring it. Last week I forgot to plug a chest freezer back in after completing an EICR ?.

Best one has to be when the boss got a new van a while back. He switched from a swb to a lwb, subsequently forgot about the extra 500mm in length and planted his towbar into the grill of the client's Mini!

When repairing a plasterboard ceiling in a kitchen after running some cables, I managed to drip mitre fix glue all over the worktop. Tried wiping it off with a rag, but that made it worse, now the worktop was covered with solid hairy glue. I tried everything to clean it off, acetone, isopropyl alcohol, upvc cleaner, you name it, nothing worked.

Out of desperation, I sprayed some of the solvent for cleaning the expanding foam gun on it, and gave it a rub with a rag. And it worked! A bit of elbow grease required, and had to keep spraying it, but it brought the glue off a treat, and no damage to the worktop itself. The client need never know!

Feeling pleased with myself, I noticed a few more drips on the washing machine, next to the program dial. No problem, I gave it a good spray and went to work with the rag. And all the writing for the various washing programs around the dial came clean off, rendering the washing machine useless!

Once doing a job in a smallish shopping complex. Firm's brand new Merc van, mine for the day, parked in car park, underneath. Home time and packed everything ready for off. Threw the van out in reverse doing a 90 degree...straight into one of the main concrete pillars. ?

Saw a painter back up to this new induction hob with oven underneath, place hands on the edge of the worktop and do that little hop up to sit on top of the induction hob which was covered with cardboard, and as he did the oven glass shattered.

Pliars head first into new floor ,owner under me ,nice dent

Couple of nails through pipes putting floorboards back

Couple of through attic incidents

Second fixing a new kitchen and scratching a high gloss door.
Fitting a coin meter in a holiday flat above a pub.The tennants arrived and found they had to feed the meter every half hour to keep the power on.Finally their money ran out and the flat and pub below were in darkness.I had connected the meter not knowing the pub lighting was on the same circuit.
S

After my Father died, and my Mum was moving into sheltered accommodation, whilst sorting the house out; we found my Dad had hidden his money in between the pages of loads of '70s ---- mags!

Had to ask my husband to go through a whole load of mags page by page to extract all the notes.

Around the most embarrassed I have ever seen him, reading ---- mags in front of his wife and Mother-in-law!
Why couldn't you have done it yourself, or at least given your husband some privacy to do it.

I think I would have chased you and the mother in law

Reply to The joys!! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net