Discuss The new FICA since end of August start of September in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

F

Fitzyy

Hi,

Just new to these forums.

I am currently aitting the new FICA that came into place on end of August start of September.

I have passed 5/6 parts in the test but the one thing thats getting me is the underpinning knowledge !

The new test is broke up into 5 parts, still 30 questions but heres the breakdown :

BS7671 Parts1,3,4,5 & 7 (Questions10 Pass mark8)

BS 7671 Part 6 Inspection and testing (5 questions pass mark 4)

Health and Safety (Questions5 Pass Mark4)

Statuary Regulations (5questions pass mark4)

Scottish Building Standards (5questions pass mark4)

We are now only aloud 2 questions wrong in the first ten questions and 1 wrong in the other sets of 5 so technichally could be getting 27/30 and still failing ! There is logic obviously testing you on each section.

My question is, is there anyone out there thats passed this and could fill me in with any resources to study what to aim at or what resources you used example any past papers etc like that ? i know its practically telling me what i've wrote what to study but anyone whos passed it I would like to know what you done.

Welcome to the forum.
Unfortunately I cannot help with the FICA test as I am in England.
However it will really just be a matter of learning and remembering and doing what they ask you to do and not what you may expect to do.

There maybe useful posts about Fica if you look at "similar threads" listed at the bottom of the page, or have a search on the forum for FICA.

Hi Fitzyy, I passed my FICA about three weeks ago (had to resit that section too!). I found that there's really no way to revise it in that there is little in the way of past papers, etc. You can read the 4/5 books they give you cover to cover but you aren't going to remember everything.

It's almost more a luck of the draw type of situation, I felt my second set of questions were better (less similar answers, more stuff I didn't need to check the book for), which meant I left feeling alot more confident.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Welcome to the forum.
Unfortunately I cannot help with the FICA test as I am in England.
However it will really just be a matter of learning and remembering and doing what they ask you to do and not what you may expect to do.

There maybe useful posts about Fica if you look at "similar threads" listed at the bottom of the page, or have a search on the forum for FICA.

Thankyou, Intried the search for the FICA but unfortunately its all opd stuff opder than September.

Hi Fitzyy, I passed my FICA about three weeks ago (had to resit that section too!). I found that there's really no way to revise it in that there is little in the way of past papers, etc. You can read the 4/5 books they give you cover to cover but you aren't going to remember everything.

It's almost more a luck of the draw type of situation, I felt my second set of questions were better (less similar answers, more stuff I didn't need to check the book for), which meant I left feeling alot more confident.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

thanks Resu, I was really starting to think readong the books cover to cover is the only way, like you says I wont remember everything, I have it on the 30th of May maybe I should start on the books now !

thanks

thanks Resu, I was really starting to think readong the books cover to cover is the only way, like you says I wont remember everything, I have it on the 30th of May maybe I should start on the books now !

thanks
Do whatever you need to do. I didn't revise at all [emoji51]

Sent from my LG-V500 using Tapatalk

Does your college not provide a skills refresher course? I am an apprentice atm jus waiting for my FICA date and I was able to pay extra to attend a course at night time which provided me with mock exams........

Reply to The new FICA since end of August start of September in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net