Discuss The right inverter in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

A

autoq

Possible install on an SW location, 2 strings , 8 on one string and 7 on the other. (15 panels in total, probably Sharp NU-245)
Total Kwp = 15x245 = 3.67 Kw
Default option is a Theia He-t inverter, but one string in the array (the 7 panel) may get some shade from a neighbours house.
Will the SunnyBoy4000TL be a more appropriate choice as it appears to have an MPPT tracker on each of the strings ? ( I am concerned that the strings need to be balanced, and so I might have to drop to a 14 panel setup ?)
Opinions welcome...

ok, I am the customer ... but I want to understand how to get this thing configured/setup properly ..I am sure the installer knows what he's doing - he talks a good talk but I want to make sure that I cover as many possible issues now before I've signed on the dotted line so to speak ....

No probs. The Theia He-T only has one MPP tracker as far as I'm aware. This makes it a very bad choice for your install. A Sunny Boy 4000TL has two MPP trackers and matches up nicely with two strings of NU-245s with unequal strings.

Ask the installer his opinion - if he doesn't know what he is talking about then I'd strongly suggest you seek out another quote.

Reply to The right inverter in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hello, My current 2.5kW Solar pv array is in a less than favourable position, but there is plenty of space to expand the array. I have an...
Replies
Views
Hi all. We have had 7x 400w solar panels for a number of years now on our roof which is se/nw facing end terrace. 4 on se side 3 on nw side...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone. The owner of the business I work for along with myself have created a DIY inverter setup that is giving us some issues. We bought...
Replies
Views
Hi all, total newbie to the forum. I sincerely hope that those in the know-how would be able to assist me. On my semi-detached house we have an...
Replies
Views
Could i get some thoughts pls Podpoint 7KW untethered installed 2 yrs ago, working fine with EQC mercedes. Solar panel installed 3 yrs ago. Last...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock