Discuss The Solar PV Feed in Tariff is GENEROUS at 2012 prices!!!! in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
There seems to be some misinformation in the mainstream media that the post cut tariff is no more or not worth considering. The truth is that returns are in the 10-12% region in the south of the UK and as good as they were for most of last year:

Half price solar provides similar rates of return as in 2011 |*Solar Power Portal

There's been much negitivity in the press but NOW is a great time to get PV installed. I know this forum is well placed in google so thought it might be useful to start a positive thread that i hope some of the general public might see.

While i'm debunking, George Osborne is WRONG about the cost of PV to electricity bill payers. Recent figures from germany have proven that energy prices have fallen thanks to PV generation. George just wants to appease the BIG 6 energy companies who are furious that microgeneration could potentially cost them millions in profits in the long term. When the big 6 get annoyed they have people who are well paid to annoy policymakers untill the rules are changed to suit them.

Why Utilities Fear Solar Power « Climate Denial Crock of the Week

I couldn't agree more with you Energetic. I am able to install good gear at very attractive prices just now. I'm not a home improvements company with no electrical experience and I never planned to leave the market once the "big rush" was over.

I think it's rediculous the negative spin that keeps getting pushed about PV and think that once Osbourne, Cameron and their narrow minded yellow backed cronies remove their heads from the rear ends of the "BIG 6" bosses, they'll realise that PV has a future as long as they stop wielding and swinging the axe making further cuts.

On a side note, even if the FIT is reduced to 16p per kwh, it is still a viable option for home owners but needs to be sold more on the benefits of being green more than the benefits of a bulging pocket, but it still pays.

There seems to be some misinformation in the mainstream media that the post cut tariff is no more or not worth considering. The truth is that returns are in the 10-12% region in the south of the UK and as good as they were for most of last year:

Half price solar provides similar rates of return as in 2011 |*Solar Power Portal

There's been much negitivity in the press but NOW is a great time to get PV installed. I know this forum is well placed in google so thought it might be useful to start a positive thread that i hope some of the general public might see.

While i'm debunking, George Osborne is WRONG about the cost of PV to electricity bill payers. Recent figures from germany have proven that energy prices have fallen thanks to PV generation. George just wants to appease the BIG 6 energy companies who are furious that microgeneration could potentially cost them millions in profits in the long term. When the big 6 get annoyed they have people who are well paid to annoy policymakers untill the rules are changed to suit them.

Why Utilities Fear Solar Power « Climate Denial Crock of the Week

It is crazy the negativity around at the moment, our current quotes are going out delivering a higher return and quicker payback than the same system we installed this time last year. Our margins are down significantly along with equipment prices, we have done our bit, we just need to get the message out there!

The underlying factor is as I see it is that the government have not explained to the public how the EPC affects them, I have spoken to many installers in the same boat as others on here. The cut is not the problem it is the baggage it carries, the EPC has no place in this market as it has scared too many potential customers off.

It is then down to the installers to explain the policy and how it works to clear up the 5*!t that the government have left behind, once the customers understand it is plain sailing.

We can still provide returns of 15% but the consumer, thanks to the government, consumers are confused and have lost interest. This is only further proven by the DECC install figures. I think if i was a consumer and heard all the bad press I would quite easily think I have missed the boat and look no further.

The truth is that a south facing roof with a 4kw system adds 1 epc band. So a 'E' rated building will still qualify. 'E' is quite low so this still includes a large amount of properties. Try running a farm building through an EPC that is a tenanted property (therefore no reason to double glaze etc..) then put 50kW of PV on a barn roof feeding the porperty - it becomes an 'A' on the EPC. This is although the building is leaking heat everywhere possible, no draft proofing, single glazed etc... The whole EPC 'd' is a complete load of rubbish. The usualgovernment lack of true joined up thinking.

Yes definitely looks like the message is not getting through to potential customers as I received a letter from the company who did our install, Green Sun from Farnborough in Hampshire to say they had ceased trading and were now in liquidation.

"Yes definitely looks like the message is not getting through to potential customers as I received a letter from the company who did our install, Green Sun from Farnborough in Hampshire to say they had ceased trading and were now in liquidation."

Given that this company had been done by the ASA and reported in the Which solar report it's no great surprise. Just hope your insurance backed warranty is okay for you.

Reply to The Solar PV Feed in Tariff is GENEROUS at 2012 prices!!!! in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net