Discuss The Speaker in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Pete999

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Just seen a report that Mr Bercow receive s the following expenses:
£1003 for a taxi
£7000 for a Jaunt around the US
£118 Per month fo e/Sky tv In his Apartment
£12K leaving Party
£ 3696 for another leaving party
£234 for a drinks Bill
£560 for a lunch bill
and these parasite ar asking us to tighte our belts, SCANDALOUS or what??????/? not amused your thoughts will be welcome \, we have had 1 CS expenses row time for another?????

Just seen a report that telectex receive s the following expenses:
£1003 for a taxi from London to Liverpool
£7000 for a Jaunt around the uk
£118 Per month fo e/Sky tv In his house
£12K leaving Party, not yet done
£ 3696 for another leaving party after that first one ,but still drunk
£234 for a drinks Bill
£560 for a lunch bill
yeah what times the party .lol.:p

How anyone can survive on such meagre allowances escapes me!
Is there no allowance for a duck house these days?
£560 for lunch??? I presume that's just an intimate snack for 2 people?
£234 for a drinks bill???
My local would go bust if that's all I spent every week!

Oh...wait a minute...I assumed there was a decimal point in those figures somewhere...
DOH!

How anyone can survive on such meagre allowances escapes me!
Is there no allowance for a duck house these days?
£560 for lunch??? I presume that's just an intimate snack for 2 people?
£234 for a drinks bill???
My local would go bust if that's all I spent every week!

Oh...wait a minute...I assumed there was a decimal point in those figures somewhere...
DOH!
yes at the end asin £234.00, £560.00

Yes, @Pete999 it is a waste and a scandal, and shouldn't be allowed, but not the first politician to be claiming daft amounts.

Is £1003 for a taxi, actually one single taxi fare, or a months worth of travelling to and from his place of work, in the most expensive city in the UK? Sounds almost realistic.

All these politicians have also been working late into the nights with Brexit going on... so that's additional meals, travel etc etc. Not getting anything decided and coming back in the following day, at more cost.

Post #3 by @pirate was also in jest... so i gave it a "funny"

This waste is a pee in the ocean compared to the cost of exiting the EU
It is now assessed to be more than the total of all the contributions we have "paid in" since we joined 40+ years ago :p;)

Figures from a House of Commons library document puts the UK's net contribution to the European Union and European Commission budget since 1973 at around £177 billion.

By contrast the expected hit is estimated by Bloomberg to cost £200 billion by the end of the year - with a £130 billion hit having impacted the economy before Brexit has even happened.

The analysis by Dan Hanson, a UK economist for Bloomberg
economics

Though its great to be independent or so I have been told :rolleyes: :cool:

If the speaker actually did a decent job then I wouldn't bat an eyelid but not ----ing once did he do anything other than sound like he's on the grill in Maccy's

When The Speaker will actually do something about the heckling, filibustering and other childish ----ING behaviour then might actually like them. I have high hopes for the new guy but I'm predicting the soft speaking style of keeping order won't work.

Just once I want to hear the speaker either tell someone to sit down and the ---- up or have the heckling backbenchers dragged out that house, but no, heckling is traditional apparently.....

Yes, @Pete999 it is a waste and a scandal, and shouldn't be allowed, but not the first politician to be claiming daft amounts.

Is £1003 for a taxi, actually one single taxi fare, or a months worth of travelling to and from his place of work, in the most expensive city in the UK? Sounds almost realistic.

All these politicians have also been working late into the nights with Brexit going on... so that's additional meals, travel etc etc. Not getting anything decided and coming back in the following day, at more cost.

Post #3 by @pirate was also in jest... so i gave it a "funny"
yes 1 fare London to Notingham

yes 1 fare London to Notingham
That’s not bad, I’ve paid £55 just to get a taxi home, after a night out and the buses had stopped. :)

The question he should be answering, is why he used a taxi in the first place.

As others said, he’s not just the guilty one. The Lords get something like £350, just for turning up. They can just nod off in the Lords.

Scratch that, it’s £305 plus exes. Crap pay really, bet sparks in London are on more than that per day. @davesparks wots your day rate.

Last edited:
That’s not bad, I’ve paid £55 just to get a taxi home, after a night out and the buses had stopped. :)

The question he should be answering, is why he used a taxi in the first place.

As others said, he’s not just the guilty one. The Lords get something like £350, just for turning up. They can just nod off in the Lords.
Said he was told not to use Public transport, not the point I was trying to make though Mate, some of us get hit will repayments for something out of our control for a fraction of what this Bloke gets in allowances. scandalous misuse of public Money.

We've got the prime minister telling us half a million quid to make big Ben go bong once is a fair use of public money.

We've got companies like Netflix earning £850m in the UK in one year and not paying a penny in tax, but claiming nearly a million in tax benefits.

I honestly couldn't be less concerned about a taxi ride.

We've got the prime minister telling us half a million quid to make big Ben go bong once is a fair use of public money.

We've got companies like Netflix earning £850m in the UK in one year and not paying a penny in tax, but claiming nearly a million in tax benefits.

I honestly couldn't be less concerned about a taxi ride.
It isn't just the taxi ride

I'm not trying to defend Bercow, far from it, but here are additonal facts to the Taxi fare;

Aides say he was encouraged not to take public transport to Nottingham Trent University, where he was giving a speech to the Political Studies Association conference about how Parliament should respond to the "anti-politics age", because of "security concerns".

The taxi, which waited for him during the talk and dropped his colleague off in Bicester on the way back, cost £836.50 before VAT was added, a Commons spokeswoman said.

Obviously Parliament will get the VAT back, although it may cost them more in admin fees that the amount recovered.

I'm not trying to defend Bercow, far from it, but here are additonal facts to the Taxi fare;

Aides say he was encouraged not to take public transport to Nottingham Trent University, where he was giving a speech to the Political Studies Association conference about how Parliament should respond to the "anti-politics age", because of "security concerns".

The taxi, which waited for him during the talk and dropped his colleague off in Bicester on the way back, cost £836.50 before VAT was added, a Commons spokeswoman said.
Just the tip of the iceberg Mate, doesn't this sort of thing grate on your instincts of fair play? probably not judging from your reply

Last edited:

Reply to The Speaker in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock