Discuss theiving bar stewards, in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Been to a job, no power, look in sub theiving bar stewsrds have turned power off in dno sub, removed all buss bar 800a 12ft long, took 60m 150mm? Plus variouse other length of 70, 50, 30, mm swa. ****ing low life *******s

Been to a job, no power, look in sub theiving bar stewsrds have turned power off in dno sub, removed all buss bar 800a 12ft long, took 60m 150mm? Plus variouse other length of 70, 50, 30, mm swa. ****ing low life *******s

Yep. Sometimes very cunning bar stewards.
One got into our works and made off with about £15k worth of test motors. Audacious to say the least. A long story but the thief convinced my workshop foreman that the motors had to be moved from one of our buildings to the other.

One got into our works and made off with about £15k worth of test motors. Audacious to say the least. A long story but the thief convinced my workshop foreman that the motors had to be moved from one of our buildings to the other.
I have heard that one from someone else!

I have heard that one from someone else!
You seem to be inferring that is apocryphal. It isn't.

So I will fill in some details.
At the time, we had two buildings on the same road and we were moving our equipment from one to the other.

A guy in a pick up truck stopped at one entrance to the workshop and talked to the chap who was operating a sandblaster, claimed he had come to pick up some motors to move to the other building. The sandblaster told the guy in the PU truck that he would need to speak to the boss and his wife.

The sandblaster meant his boss. Different division of the company. Different boss. Different wife.

Then the truck went round to the opposite side of the building and the guy talked to my workshop foreman with the tale that the boss and his wife had told him to move said motors.
Sounded plausible - I'm his boss, my wife worked with me, and the motors were part of the assets for my division.

Even worse, he helped the guy load the motors. When the truck drove out of our works, it turned in the wrong direction and headed away from both our buildings.......with our motors.

I did hear of a case of some theives in a substation tried nicking a load of stuff including part of the station earthing. They then caused the protection to kick in, including the earth fault thrower, thief was now in circuit...

Some of the thieving gits gained entry into a sub round our way the other night. Luckily for them they realised they were in a potentially very bad place and left without doing any damage. Either to the sub or themselves.

i have a good one.

i hgv driver drove onto a construction site and loaded container full off gear onto back of hgv and never to be seen again lol

Yes I understand that as I have worked on some caravan sites but mdf seems quite racist against them as every time some one mentions thieving
He is blaming pikeys is he a police officer that knows something we don't ? Or just a racist

Yes I understand that as I have worked on some caravan sites but mdf seems quite racist against them as every time some one mentions thieving
He is blaming pikeys is he a police officer that knows something we don't ? Or just a racist
i know of a guy they call gypo jim.

now he isnt a gypo,gypsie etc

he is called it because he does a lot of tarmacing and some other services they generally offer

Dingle, I don't remember saying anything of the sort. I've been back over this to check and I can't see any evidence of me saying what you claim I did.
Can you please stop responding to my posts or quoting me (either properly or misquoting)
I'm quite capable of calling people idiots, I don't need you to help me.
Now, as I've said to you before. Put me on your ignore list.
You#re on mine and there is nothing you can ever say or do that will get you off it. I only knew what you said because someone quoted you.
As far as I'm concerned you are lower than a snake's testicles.

roma gypsies are a different breed to caravan gypsies
Yup very true, I had a maintenance contract at 4 traveller sites for over 2 years and got quite friendly with some of them, they certainely open your eyes lol, there was one or two genuine romanies on the sites and they are completely different people, the travellers far more outgoing and the romanies very quiet, I saw some things I can tell you lol.

Yup very true, I had a maintenance contract at 4 traveller sites for over 2 years and got quite friendly with some of them, they certainely open your eyes lol, there was one or two genuine romanies on the sites and they are completely different people, the travellers far more outgoing and the romanies very quiet, I saw some things I can tell you lol.
i know a little about them but romani gypies are more traditional for a start where as gypsies tend to be more flamboyant and showoff a lot more

i know of a guy they call gypo jim.

now he isnt a gypo,gypsie etc

he is called it because he does a lot of tarmacing and some other services they generally offer
Ignore him, according to the thread about him in the 3000 club he is on a very high percentage of the members here ignore lists so hardly anyone can read what he is typing, it is only you quoting his posts which gets attention.

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to theiving bar stewards, in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net