Discuss There was mirror with led lights,with no switch for the light from the power source .can rocker switch be use (240v Ac power soutet in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

if the suply to the mirror is standard 240V a.c. then a 240V a.c. rocker switch (normal light switch, as in fixed to a wall) is ideal, as long as you are switching before the LED driver, on the 240V input side.

Not sure about your local regulations, a rocker switch will work as long as it is rated for at least the voltage being switched and the current.
In the U.K. there are restrictions if being used in a bathroom and it may not be suitable for all locations.

Will it work? YES
Is it to regulations? UNKNOWN

P.s. welcome to the forum.

they are available worldwide, just make sure it is suitable for the environment it will be installed in.

again, I cant advise on local regulations so if you are unsure then maybe check with a local electrician?

Reply to There was mirror with led lights,with no switch for the light from the power source .can rocker switch be use (240v Ac power soutet in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hello, I would liked to install a Byron wired doorbell with built in chime and 8v transformer. I'm struggling to get power source. I have a...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have two LED light panels (like this: LED Panel 120x30cm - Varm hvid 3000K-40W -...
Replies
Views
I'd like to wire a six pin DPDT rocker toggle switch to turn a low voltage LED fixture on and off. The rocker toggle switch I have is an...
Replies
Views
Hi All, Would be grateful for some advice. Would like to add an additional light (Undercabinet 8W LED Batten light) to a two-way light switch...
Replies
Views
I am installing 9 LED downlights each with an RGB bulb in (i will try attach pictures on them) - anyway I have been told that they need to be...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock