Discuss thermal imaging training in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

M

martinh287

Hi guys looking at training for thermal imaging. Will be used in hospital environment and is to improve condition reporting mainly but may also be used for plumbing/heating issues if the need arises.

I have seen 1 day course tailed for electrical inspection and 5 day course run at http://www.pass-thermal.co.uk/training/thermography-courses. I know there are other providers including fluke just wondering people's opinions of the two course.

Cheers guys

Maybe send Testmeter, who is a forum sponsor, a PM about this. I'm not sure if they provide training themselves but I'm sure he'd be able to point you in the right direction.

The best way to go, is training with the manufacturer of the unit you will be using, eg Fluke /Flir.

BTW, ....A one day course will not teach you much at all, especially if they teaching with an alternative manufacturers thermal imaging camera... The refresher courses that i have been on with Flir, were as i remember 3 day courses, can't for the life of me remember the course length for the first training course i took, ...bloody long time ago now!! lol!!

We used to install a lot of Flir navigational equipment on the marine side, it was very similar technology to the more modern compact thermal imagers. The operators course run by the manufacturers used to be 3 days and the installers course was 5 days and it was very intensive learning.

Cheers for the feedback guys. Will go for the 5 day course. Totally agree with the one day will just learn the very basics and will no recieve the full benefits

Reply to thermal imaging training in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net