Discuss Thermodynamic Solar Panels in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Corr.....wouldn't hurt to expand on that with some actual constructive comments.

You take it I am unable to read? Haha.....what a comment. What are you, a child? Nice one

Reasons for my comments should be self explanitory. Across both this and two other threads, there has been a great deal of reasoned and intelligent debate as to the efficacy of this product. There are those such as Gavin A who think there may be some mileage in them and others such as myself who have seen no evidence and are still awaiting requested and not forthcoming performance data for colder climates (or any climate).

Successful installation does not mean they will perform to a level that produces renewable energy as now defined. Successful installation may mean it hasn't fallen off the wall. There is no available data as to the product's CO2 mitigation or whether in on-grid areas they are any better than gas.

If you had bothered to read the threads in detail and taken in all the useful contributions made, I cannot see how you would have made the comments you did. No responsible business would push a product for which they cannot give an accurate indication of performance. My insurers would certainly consider it reckless behavior with all the implications that carries.

It would seem that Ofgem/MCS agree with this hence the reason they have issued the follow up letter yesterday.

The one thing everyone wants is real life performance data for this type of heat pump to compare it with those already on the market and also with solar thermal. Not a big ask, but I am deafened by the silence of the response from several different suppliers.

As Gavin A has rightly pointed out, the provenance and methods of those selling the product has cast further doubt on the technology. If it is really so good, in my opinion it wouldn't need to be pushed at all as it would sell itself.

It's not a "simple compressor" as I understand it. It may render the unit uneconomic to repair.

Heat pump technology is being used in a breadth of applications.
If the technology is applied in the right environmental conditions, it will be a success.
The jury is currently out on where Thermodynamic Solar Panel systems can be successfully applied and how effective they are in various different environments versus alternative technologies, but not heat pump technology - it works and is here to stay.

Heat Pump Tumble Dryers:

- Siemens Blue Therm Dryer.

The worlds Most Eco-friendliest Tumble dryer. The Siemens Blue Therm Dryer - YouTube

- Rebranded and Sold As Bosch Ecologixx in Various European Markets.

Bosch EcoLogixx Dryer - YouTube

How effective is the unit if there is no exterior panel/s? Does it then work? I assume in winter the panel will ice up as it is being cooled not warmed as in a fridge. What happens to the COP at this stage. Is there a de ice option.
How will it heat the water effectively if the immersion option is not automatic.

If the COP lowers how much would a Thermodynamic Solar Panel system cost to run for the heat it extracts during an extended period of cold weather versus typical UK alternatives?

There are far too many questions outstanding about this technology, one thing it has proved;

The Solar Keymark which the majority of consumers and many installers view as a quality standard is not worth the bandwidth used to type it's name because the Thermodynamic Panel passed the test using water, a transfer medium it was not designed for, the transfer medium is R134A a refrigerant gas.

The domestic system does not work in freezing temperatures, it is not designed to.

Heard today that NAREC (National Renewable Energy Centre) have made an open invitation to sellers of "Thermodynamic" solar panels to test their kit FREE OF CHARGE and produce an independent report on their performance.

So far...no takers!

My contact spoke to NAREC on Friday.

They took it down because they had got busy with paying projects. They will be reinstating it, but with clarification that it won't start until after the end of May.

This means the offer is still open. I really hope it is taken up so we can get empirical data and settle the debate once and for all on the efficacy of this equipment.

There have been enough people on this forum promoting the equipment. Surely one of them would be more than happy to participate.

That's the reinstated page with the extra sentence added:

"Due to current high levels of work, we should be able to start the test after the end of May."

If you stand by yiur product you have nothing to fear and eveything to gain from this offer, so come on SKS ( ASA Adjudication on SKS Consultancy (Manchester) Ltd - Advertising Standards Authority) Energie (Energie Energia Solar Termodinâmica - Home Energie Solar - Solar Panel Central Heating and Hot Water systems using Solar Energy) et al, step up to the plate, and let your products talk for themselves.

Anybody know of the name of any other manufacturer other than Energie ?

Perhaps these guys? Essex Company gets Sole Distribution rights to Thermodynamic Panel or maybe they are just importing these ? Energy Panel | Eficiencia energética, panel solar termodinámico, Agua caliente sanitaria

Just found these guys from china too: http://www.smartclima.com/thermodynamic-solar-panel.htm

Oh and now we've got 'panel-less thermodynaimc systems' talk about marketing hype why not just call it an air source heat pump? Aerotermo PST-250 Paneless Thermodynamic System and seeing as these steal heat from the room, what cop are these guys going to be claiming next!!!

Last edited:

Reply to Thermodynamic Solar Panels in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock