Discuss thermostat options in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

J

J_T

Hi
Have never lived in a house that had heating thermostats installed and am putting them in a new build house.

I have stayed in a mates house where there is a stat in the bed room and the clicking on/off was a bit annoying.

Are they all much of a muchness or are there solid state versions or quieter versions available?

Any other advice on selection appreciated.

Thanks

JT

It really depends on the system he is putting in, I fitted a Uponor system that used 24 volts to supply the stats (T-36) and zone actuators and there was no clicking, but a lot of the 240 volt one's do.

Do you know what you are going to fit?

Last edited:
I've never heard anyone complain about a nosey stat, but maybe in the dead of night you might hear a click. Have you thought about using a wireless one? makes the wiring easier as you can wire it in anywhere instead of putting it in a habitable room.

Heating runs more efficient if run 24/7 especially if its underfloor heating, putting a wireless one in is a good idea unless it is a long way away from the receiver through celotex in walls, the only wireless stat I've found that will still work though it is a "salus" one. personally a digital hard wired one is what I'd put in Drayton or Honeywell

Heating runs more efficient if run 24/7 especially if its underfloor heating, putting a wireless one in is a good idea unless it is a long way away from the receiver through celotex in walls, the only wireless stat I've found that will still work though it is a "salus" one. personally a digital hard wired one is what I'd put in Drayton or Honeywell

Efficiency has nothing to do with it. How anyone sleeps in a hot room I'll never understand :)

Very true.i sleep with windows open and the fan on all night, every night, every day of the year. Drives er indoors mental!

If its a new build and you can get cables in id hard wire it. For the sake of 1 cable run. wireless are good but if its just as easy to run a cable why wouldnt you?

Reply to thermostat options in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net